ET hypothetical: gear swap

I've never raced this car since I so recently acquired it, so I don't know what it runs. This will pertain to 1/8 mi. times.

Assuming this car (bone stock 91 LX hatch with flowmaster catback) will run 9.7 to 9.8 at 74-75 mph with 2.73 gears and AOD, what could I expect if I swap to 3.55 gears? I would assume a before 60' of around 2.2, especially since my traction-lok is toast. I would install a new LSD with the gears.

Any thoughts at all would be appreciated, thanks in advance. :)

• Sponsors (?)

CrashStitches said:
I've never raced this car since I so recently acquired it, so I don't know what it runs. This will pertain to 1/8 mi. times.

Assuming this car (bone stock 91 LX hatch with flowmaster catback) will run 9.7 to 9.8 at 74-75 mph with 2.73 gears and AOD, what could I expect if I swap to 3.55 gears? I would assume a before 60' of around 2.2, especially since my traction-lok is toast. I would install a new LSD with the gears.

Any thoughts at all would be appreciated, thanks in advance. :)
Gears are nice.But do yourself a favor and get a good torque converter,It will take 7 tenths off in the 1/4.And hell,if your into the 1/8 mile,Id go 410's or 430's but thats me.

Awesome. I was considering the 3.55s because I was going to get them nearly free. I guess I'll go with 4.10s. I'm going to wait on the converter because I'm going to do a C4 swap a bit later and I don't want to have to do it all over again.

cornholio47 said:
my car runs 9.4 in an 1/8 with 2.73 gears and its bone stock. what could i expect with 3:73 gears and a bcam. i know the cam isnt going to help much by itself i was just wondering

The gears would be good for 9.0-8.9 in the 1/8 th over your current times. Remember traction will be more difficult also. I would get a converter over the cam. If you have an AUTO.