Everybody wants to race......

BDAWK2002

Apr 28, 2005
Old Bridge N.J.
I saw a post about this subject in another fourm but cant remeber which one.Does anyone else notice that when your driving around in your stang that everybody from the soccer mom in a minivan to const. guy's in their pickups need to get in front of your car!!!!!I swear it happens to me every time I drive my car and it friggin pisses me off!I'll just be driving along no big deal winding the gears out a little shifting at like 3000 rpm just enough to enjoy the sound of my exhaust and someone will come up next to me with their car floored trying to get by.I try and ignore it but it's hard because these people really think that we're racing and I can tell that they get some kind of satisfaction because they got in front of a loud mustang.I'm not even trying but the other person must think I am because of the way my car sounds.Last nite on the way to work some older guy in a newer Blazer truck was racing me and on the way home this morning some douche in a fancy new Acura was doin it.So far I have been able to resist the urge to race back...imagine getting caught by cops racing a 4 door buick.It's just real annoying.I'm in New Jersey...does this kind of stuff happen all over the country???

• Sponsors (?)

Surprisingly I have found that ever since I did my HCI swap that no one wants to race me anymore, I mean no one even tries just for fun anymore. I will say though that after putting in my 4.10's I quickly realized that with them an a loud exhaust I had to really get on it pulling out from a stop light because without even trying to accelerate fast the people behind would always think I was taking off like a bat out of hell and would almost rear-end me!

I get that sometimes. I had some guy in an s-10 try to do a burnout beside me at a stop light last weekend.

Here's a funny story. Last week I was cruising through Newport and I stopped for a stop sign and some kid about 11-12yo comes up to me and asked if I've raced anybody before. I told him no since I havn't with the new engine yet. So he tells me his dad has a Probe GT that's really fast. I told him I would kill a Probe GT, so he said "well he's got some really wide tires on it" and held his hands about 8 inches apart. I laughed and told him to look at my tires :D. By this time some other kid came to me and said my car sounded really good and wanted me to do a burnout, so I did a little 1/4 block burnout for them. I wonder if he still thinks his dad's Probe GT can take me :rolleyes:

I find that usually other mustanbg owners want to race... Usually the 99-04 body style too... They must figure that they can win against an older car.. not sure but it is usually pretty close either way if they have a GT or I kill them if they have the 6....

At any rate I need more power...

donkey_punch said:
my stang isn't a DD. so i share a car with my wife. in the wife's car,all i see all day long is stangs, vettes, trans am, supras, rx7 etc.... i bring out the stang, nothing but 6 banger stangs, and hondas. wtf
noboby wants to play with me. lol

same with me... when I'm driving my dad's van (lmao), there are so many racing oppurtunities, but when I'm in my stang, all I see are economy cars.

Yeah i noticed less people try me since the head cam intake, probably the nice lopey cam. But i have noticed that whenever i cant race, new clutch, new trannny etc i get lots of nice cars by me all the time. Then when i can race after that **** is done then no one is around.

Well here I leave work and Its like a frenzy. I hate it. I got yelled at when I was at a stop lgith the other night. 96gt with B&M stickers on it asking what I run at the track. So when the light turned green he decided to gun it. I just shifted at 2grand and kept putting along. I'm sure he wasnt worth my gas. Another thing here is all the hondas and mazda's wanting to race everyone at every light.

I get the same thing you guys do... the corolla is like a race magnet... anytime I'm driving it around theres a ricer doin a one wheel peel, a 350z screaming through the gears, damn 80 camaro with glass packs... bring the stang out to play and they all disappear... I did see a lambo though, couldn't tell if it was a murcielago or a gallardo but the traffic was so thick it was rediculous... Oh well.. I did race my friends 1500 series truck from 65... heheheheh that was ugly... I asked him when he let out of it and he said 95... he was so far back, I haven't gotten that deep into 5th since the gear swap... was kinda cool..

im not really one for legit racing... i really dont want to risk it on all the cars that want to race me... they all suck... that is true that if im in the stang, i get lotsa retards that think im trying to race them or something cuz im loud... but if i'm in a junk car the big boys come out to play and im stuck on the sidelines.... w/e i wouldn't want to be like those retards trying to race me with a POS