Everything is great in COBRA LAND! Engine pics!!!

Grady, I actually order the plain aluminum (prefered) rr but they didn't have any instock and I could get the blue ones, which were instock, 2 days sooner. I figured what the hell, I can't see them anyways, so blue will do.

• Sponsors (?)

I figure I have about $6000 in it. Thats right down to the bolts, motor mounts, waterpump, etc. You know all the stuff besides performance parts that add up.

Please don't tell me what I could have bought for the same amount of money because I KNOW. lol I didn't plan on going this far with every little detail (new basically top to bottom, including all bolts, etc) when I started. When I started it was going to be cheaper to do what I was doing rather than buy a motor from DSS or something like that. I guess thats how the performance bug goes.

69clark said:
MM-Jeeezzzz, let do everything you want to do! lol Here it is.

11522071594.jpg
:hail2:

69clark said:
I figure I have about $6000 in it. Thats right down to the bolts, motor mounts, waterpump, etc. You know all the stuff besides performance parts that add up.

Please don't tell me what I could have bought for the same amount of money because I KNOW. lol I didn't plan on going this far with every little detail (new basically top to bottom, including all bolts, etc) when I started. When I started it was going to be cheaper to do what I was doing rather than buy a motor from DSS or something like that. I guess thats how the performance bug goes.

Its so easy for US to be arm chair QB's with YOUR $6K :)

Grady

tom everything looks sweet, but i thought you told me you were going to wait until i got home to put everything together...another sad day has come (haha jking)

I don't care if we get my motor in my truck when i'm up, i want to help you put that thing in....then we'll throw my crappy motor in

MysteryMachine said:
oh ok gotcha. Still wanna see one with the upper.

And for you guys talking about a lamp I think making it a table with a glass top would be much better

There's a lawyer around here with what looks like a DOHC or SOHC V-8 as a table in his office. Actually it's more just under the table than part of it, but it still looks awesome. I didn't get a good look at it to see what it was, but Im guessing it's expensive since I've seen BMW's, Mercede's, Maserati's, and a Porsche Cayenne S in his parking lot before.
Edit: It's actually in a plexiglass crate with a glass table top and it's a Maserati DOHC V-8...:drool:

BTW, the engine's looking great Tom! Can't wait to see that thing sitting in the engine bay. :nice:

WOW that looks nice. I love those valve covers and intake. It's like the updated look for the modded 5.0. (Instead of the usual edelbrock/cobra intake w/FMS covers, ect. Which is good btw, just doesn't look as good and unique as that.)

VERY impressive.

Nice job on the engine! In your magazine spread I noticed that they did not include any pictures of your engine bay. Looks like they'll have to come back out for a reshoot!

:jaw: That my friend, is a marvelous piece of machinery. This is inspiring me to finally get off my as* and finish my engine. As of now, I have like $2000 worth of parts sitting under my bed waiting for a home in my car.

69clark said:

Worth every friggin penny!!!!!!!!!!!!Look's awesome man great work.Good luck with everything,your livin my dream.....