Everything is great in COBRA LAND! Engine pics!!!

• Sponsors (?)

69clark said:
I figure I have about $6000 in it. Thats right down to the bolts, motor mounts, waterpump, etc. You know all the stuff besides performance parts that add up.

Please don't tell me what I could have bought for the same amount of money because I KNOW. lol I didn't plan on going this far with every little detail (new basically top to bottom, including all bolts, etc) when I started. When I started it was going to be cheaper to do what I was doing rather than buy a motor from DSS or something like that. I guess thats how the performance bug goes.

Awesome! Congrats :nice: Don't worry about the $$$,you'll forget about how much you spent the first time you crank it over and it comes to life:D

Most people don't realize how much it takes to put one together,I'm just about done with my 354 stroker build and the only things I used off my old engine was the timing chain cover and oil pan bolts. It all adds up quick:eek:

Good luck with it. Wish you were going N/A with it first,just to see what it would do with that BBK intake. I love the looks of them, but couldn't get enough info on it to to convince myself to buy one.

I couldn't get enough info on the intake either, I guess that why I bought it. I will see for myself, I am nearly positive that a will be switching intakes to a better one but I got a hair in my a$$ and figured what the hell, I'll try it.

94 Cobra 5.0 said:
motor looks great man. just making sure that im not blind but in the first pic on the post number num 1 cylinder the intake and exhaust outer valve springs are missing. correct me if im wrong?

Those are "checker springs." They are used in place of the stiff normal springs when checking PTV clearance. If you didn't use these "soft" springs the vlave spring would exert enough pressure on the lifter to push the oil out of the lifter and result in false readings.