Exhaust choices

Its_hers_dammit

May 22, 2004
Ok OK Ok, its the wifes stang!! I just bought her a 03 V-6, she wanted the
V-8, but she travels so far, gas was a joke!! specially in traffic all day. So we went with the V-6, but shes gotta have the throaty sound! so I have read all over the net, and here and im more confussed as time goes on. I will do all the work myself, since i work in the large truck and machine repair area, so let it rip fellas and ladies, let me know what you got and what will get me the closest to the 5.0 sound. Also, have read on here, some sites have sound bites of thier exhaust for V-6s, where oh where can they be!! :shrug:

• Sponsors (?)

First, a V8 is V8, and a V6 is a V6. You will never get the SAME sound. But, you can get close.
Second, the exhaust topic has been covered many times. If you do a search (search button on top toolbar) you should find a lot of info.
Third, to get it louder, you might want an off-road H/X pipe, or eliminate one of your cats.

Its_hers_dammit said:
Ok OK Ok, its the wifes stang!! I just bought her a 03 V-6, she wanted the
V-8, but she travels so far, gas was a joke!! specially in traffic all day. So we went with the V-6, but shes gotta have the throaty sound! so I have read all over the net, and here and im more confussed as time goes on. I will do all the work myself, since i work in the large truck and machine repair area, so let it rip fellas and ladies, let me know what you got and what will get me the closest to the 5.0 sound. Also, have read on here, some sites have sound bites of thier exhaust for V-6s, where oh where can they be!! :shrug:

www.mustangexhaust.com has some good v6 soundclips

Its hers dammit

I have a 2000 3.8 V6 Mustang with a 5 speed. I just installed a Mac True-fit cat duel exhaust, it has a Y-pipe adapter and comes with two flowpath mufflers and crome tips.I ordered it form E-bay for 276.99 brand new it includes shipping. The kit was very easy to install it uses a ball and socket design were each setion attaches.I suggest you put your car on a lift vice jackstands in the driveway as I did because if it is,t high enough it can be a bitch getting the rear pipes over top the rear end.It sound awesome with a deep throughty growl at idle,a nice bark through the gears,a slight rumbling drone in 4th at 55-60 till you put her in 5th and she quiets done to a quiet roar.I really like it sounds about as close to a V8 as you will get.The item I bought was from Mustang Warehouse on Ebay they are out of Rochester,NY.I bought the item and recieved it within 5 day was shipped UPS here to my home in VA, great service. I did have to buy to exhaust hangers from Fors not supplied with the kit,the one for the right muffler and two hangers for the tips that bolt under the bumper rail.I went to Mustang Exhaust.com and listened to all the V6 & v8 clips, I picked the MAc V6 Cat back system for 99-03.Good luck and hope you find what you are looking for.