Exhaust dumps

usafnotch

Jul 19, 2005
MONTANA
Will exhaust dumps make my exhaust noticely louder. I have a 91GT 5.0 with an o/r H pipe and original 40's flows. it just doesnt sound loud as my other mustangs did. My buddy has spintechs with an o/r h and his is louder. Could it be the stock headers too. Just wanna know before i cut my tailpipes off and put on turn downs. Thanks.:flag:

• Sponsors (?)

It will be much louder in the car, especially with flows. I know this first hand, cause I run dumped flows on my car. The sound outside will be a little deeper, not as much of an echo-y sound for lack of better terms.

+1
My lx has dumps and I don't know if it is just my exhaust setup but the car is pretty quiet when I am going a steady speed above 30mph. I noticed after I cut the tailpipes off the exhaust doesn't have a drone to it. Anything under 30mph and the car vibrates from the exhaust. But when I am accelerating the exhaust screams. I like it but passengers in my car hate it. :D

here's a clip of my dumps
YouTube - 1991 Mustang Lx 331 e303 cam

I had dumped flows with an o/r h and it drove me nuts! Made everything in the car rattle and shake. finally got a Pypes cat back and its quieter in the car but a little louder out side.

If you put dumps on those flows it will be a little louder but i would say it's not worth it because the fumes come in the car thats why i took mine off. The Flowmaster 40's have a good sound but aren't that loud because they are chambered. If you want it loud go with the Pypes Violator cat-bak system its loud because its a straight-through style muffler, between that and the O/R Xpipe i have my car screams.

it depends on what you like. is it a daily or weekend car or track car....i have long tubes o/r h and dumps and i love it. it has an aggresive tone that i always wanted. i strictly drive mine on weekends if its nice so fumes/loudness etc.. dont bother me at all. plus i dont have seats for passengers :nice: but dumps will def. make the car louder esp. with flows