Exhaust problems

I installed a BBK O/R H-pipe (BBK1507) and American Thunder C/B. The C/B is fine but the H-pipe wont fit right. It connects good at the Factory headers but hangs too low at the rear where the muffs meet. If I raise it up to where it touches the x-member they still hang too low and drag the ground. The car is NOT lowered but the motor mounts are weak. But is it possible for them to be weak enough for a pipe not to fit?

• Sponsors (?)

hey man

Are you mounting the of h pipe by yourself? and also is it one :banana: of those 3 pice h pipes i just boutght one and they say its easyer for installation but they dont know what their talking about

cheddarbacon said:
Are you mounting the of h pipe by yourself? and also is it one :banana: of those 3 pice h pipes i just boutght one and they say its easyer for installation but they dont know what their talking about
Actually its only two pieces. The (H) part of one pipe slips on to the other and is secured bu a regular muffler clamp. I think the 3 piece may be the Mac but I could be wrong. BBK is supposed to fit good but mine is not and I had help from a fellow stanger and I could look at his car as a guide.

My BBK 2.5" cat pipe fit like ****. I had a Steeda 2.5" w/cats, that fit perfect -- slipped right on. I actually think it was made by Moreflow or somebody else for Steeda. But the cats went south, with the bricks breaking loose inside and sounding like a spun bearing. So I got a BBK, because they sell it as perfectly made, heavy tubing, mandrel bent, etc., etc. But it just fit like crap. I wailed on it for half a day just to get it in place, and because the pipes did not line up right, the LX tailpipes were all cockeyed out the back -- I had to twist the cat-back sections to get them to bolt up to the BBK. I ended up having to get some bending done by a muffler shop to get the pipes straight in the back. I bitched at BBK over it, but they really didn't care -- I think they offered my $20, saying that's all a muffler shop should charge me. I think I actually spent $70, and I just shined BBK on, because I just didn't want to deal with them any more. And rest assured, I never will again. Sorry about yours, but my guess is that the h-pipe is simply bent wrong, no matter what BBK says in their advertisments. Mine certainly was, since both the stock h-pipe and the Steeda bolted right up.

SamSnyder said:
My BBK 2.5" cat pipe fit like ****. I had a Steeda 2.5" w/cats, that fit perfect -- slipped right on. I actually think it was made by Moreflow or somebody else for Steeda. But the cats went south, with the bricks breaking loose inside and sounding like a spun bearing. So I got a BBK, because they sell it as perfectly made, heavy tubing, mandrel bent, etc., etc. But it just fit like crap. I wailed on it for half a day just to get it in place, and because the pipes did not line up right, the LX tailpipes were all cockeyed out the back -- I had to twist the cat-back sections to get them to bolt up to the BBK. I ended up having to get some bending done by a muffler shop to get the pipes straight in the back. I bitched at BBK over it, but they really didn't care -- I think they offered my $20, saying that's all a muffler shop should charge me. I think I actually spent $70, and I just shined BBK on, because I just didn't want to deal with them any more. And rest assured, I never will again. Sorry about yours, but my guess is that the h-pipe is simply bent wrong, no matter what BBK says in their advertisments. Mine certainly was, since both the stock h-pipe and the Steeda bolted right up.
I thought I just got ahold of a bad pipe. Summit is replacing the pipe now with my choice of new pipes and I not knowing chose yet another BBK. If all else fails Ill just hit the muff shop. I didnt want to hack a new pipe but it'll work till I do longtubes