exhuast in GA???????

19stang87

Apr 29, 2003
WoodStock,GA
ok im new to this area and i need to swap my exhaust over to i guess the reg h-pipe not off road :(.......anyways which of them is the best and best sounding and i will be buying a catback also......and also i dont have my air pump even in the car would i fail cuzz of that and do they even look...never had to really deal wit emissions in fl so this is all new to me....and any names of shops in north GA that might do this for me for a good price if i cant do it....

thanxs :banana:

• Sponsors (?)

Where are you at in GA? It's really not too tough of a job, even for someone who's not too mechanically inclined. All you'll need are some basic hand tools... But, if you don't feel confident doing it, there's certainly enough places around that will do it for you. Mustang Services ( http://www.mustangpartsnservices.com ) does really good work and can also acquire the parts for you.

As far as a good crossover pipe is concerned I've always been quite partial to the Bassani X-pipes. I've had one for going on 5 years now, and it still looks exactly the same as when I put it on the car (besides the fact that I had two hi-flo C&L cats added to it -- I just got tired of swapping the stocker for the off-road once they made emissions testing a yearly event). Sure, you might pay a bit more money for it, but as far as I've seen the quality of the Bassani piece really stands out.

If you're stuck wanting an H-pipe for sure, then it's really either MAC or BBK. I've never actually dealt with a BBK crossover, but based on the quality of their headers I'm sure it's not a bad part. The MAC stuff on the other hand seemingly always leaves me with something to be desired.

Melvin_91GT said:
Where are you at in GA? It's really not too tough of a job, even for someone who's not too mechanically inclined. All you'll need are some basic hand tools... But, if you don't feel confident doing it, there's certainly enough places around that will do it for you. Mustang Services ( http://www.mustangpartsnservices.com ) does really good work and can also acquire the parts for you.

As far as a good crossover pipe is concerned I've always been quite partial to the Bassani X-pipes. I've had one for going on 5 years now, and it still looks exactly the same as when I put it on the car (besides the fact that I had two hi-flo C&L cats added to it -- I just got tired of swapping the stocker for the off-road once they made emissions testing a yearly event). Sure, you might pay a bit more money for it, but as far as I've seen the quality of the Bassani piece really stands out.

If you're stuck wanting an H-pipe for sure, then it's really either MAC or BBK. I've never actually dealt with a BBK crossover, but based on the quality of their headers I'm sure it's not a bad part. The MAC stuff on the other hand seemingly always leaves me with something to be desired.

well i can do the job on my own but i dont my old tools that i had in FL on me anymore...i got some really basic stuff i will need to buy a jack and stands but who knows......the bassani is really $$ isnt it....

I got a Carsound H-Pipe and they are the parent company of Magnaflow. I got it shipping included for $300!

I have it with a Magnaflow Catback. I think it sounds great. but it is not the most aggresive sound out there if you are comparing it to Mac....

Just my 2cents..Good luck
:flag:

19stang87 said:
ok im new to this area and i need to swap my exhaust over to i guess the reg h-pipe not off road :(.......anyways which of them is the best and best sounding and i will be buying a catback also......and also i dont have my air pump even in the car would i fail cuzz of that and do they even look...never had to really deal wit emissions in fl so this is all new to me....and any names of shops in north GA that might do this for me for a good price if i cant do it....

thanxs :banana: