Exhuast Tips...Pics? 3.5 or 3"?

91LX_5L

Founding Member
May 13, 2002
British Columbia
Well the stock tips look too small for my taste. Anyone have pics of 3.5" or 3" tips? I cant decide.

Also Im not really a fan when you can see the aftermarket tips attach to the stock tips before the back tire, I think it looks kinda goofy or does it look fine? Is there any way around this besides getting a complete catback, because I allready have mufflers.

Or is the onlyway around this with catback? How do you think this would look:
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/MAC-...33630QQitemZ8012440786QQrdZ1QQsspagenameZWD1V

How do those MACs sound compared to American Thunder's/40 Series Flowmasters?

Thanks

• Sponsors (?)

I thought the macs were louder then the 40 series flowies? The thing is I dont know if I will like the look of just the tips, they might look weird (from some pics I have seen they do) where the tips meet the factory exhaust. Mabye the ones I've seen just had too short of tips?

Pics anyone?

What about that SLP Loudmouth exhaust? hows that sound?

Mine are 3.5 inch magnaflows, i think they look good
stang26aa.jpg

Attachments

• stang26aa.jpg
    stang26aa.jpg
    7 KB · Views: 76
91LX_5L said:
I thought the macs were louder then the 40 series flowies? The thing is I dont know if I will like the look of just the tips, they might look weird (from some pics I have seen they do) where the tips meet the factory exhaust. Mabye the ones I've seen just had too short of tips?

Pics anyone?

What about that SLP Loudmouth exhaust? hows that sound?

Macs might be louder than delta 40's...but i dont think they are louder than the originals. Either way, i dont think its a huge difference...the biggest thing i have noticed is the tone.

Did you look at that link? You wont see where they meet the stock piping. Only way you could is if u get on the ground and look up on top of the axle.

hey man ive got the slp loudmouth system. Its a straight through muffler if you like the way they sound...some love them, some hate em. I really like mine. heres a pic...although i really wish they were 3". 3.5" looks a little big from the side. Its the only pic i have of the back. Ill take better ones if you'd like.

P4050010.jpg

my tips looks very similar this car-magnapack

wildfire_side_view_lowresize.jpg

Attachments

• P4050010.jpg
    P4050010.jpg
    61.9 KB · Views: 90
  • wildfire_side_view_lowresize.jpg
    wildfire_side_view_lowresize.jpg
    59.6 KB · Views: 69