extra things needed?

95silvergt5.0

Nov 29, 2004
im probably gettin the trickflow top end kit this winter and i was just tryin to think of things not included in the kit u would probably need:

fuel pump
bigger injectors
bigger throttle body

others...?

Also how do u think that combo would work with a blower, as that is very possible in the future

• Sponsors (?)

95silvergt5.0 said:
im probably gettin the trickflow top end kit this winter and i was just tryin to think of things not included in the kit u would probably need:

fuel pump
bigger injectors
bigger throttle body

others...?

Also how do u think that combo would work with a blower, as that is very possible in the future

I went with 30's and a 76mm c&l maf cal'ed for 30's. My fuel pump is stock and I am not running out of fuel yet. Injector duty cycle isn't even exceeding 60% yet. I did but the pump but never got the chance to install it.

You will need stud mount roller rockers, which means you need taller valve covers, which means you need the 3/8" intake spacer and the oil fill kit. I also bought new lifters but not absolutely necessary. You will also need the EGR tube spacer from 50resto.

Another good idea would be a high volume water pump since you are in there and it's cheap.

If I did it again, I would get a pro-m (pmas now or something) MAF cal'ed for 19's and just used the tweecer to change the injector slopes. But I wanted to be able to drive the car w/o the tweecer in case anything ever happened.

I would recommend the FMS lifters/rockers/water pump. But spend the money and get the accel 30lb universal injectors. Not much more, and they are such better pieces. I have already had 1 of my FMS injectors stuck open and it flooded my engine.
Scott

95silvergt5.0 said:

fuel pump
bigger injectors
bigger throttle body

others...?

Oil filler neck
SN95 TB adapter

And yes it would work very well with a blower in the future.

mo_dingo said:
If I did it again, I would get a pro-m (pmas now or something) MAF cal'ed for 19's and just used the tweecer to change the injector slopes. But I wanted to be able to drive the car w/o the tweecer in case anything ever happened.

Scott

If you did try to do this, you most likely would see the additional air flow generated by the h/c/i would peg the 19# caled maf.

Just a bit of heads up info :shrug:

Grady

final5-0 said:
If you did try to do this, you most likely would see the additional air flow generated by the h/c/i would peg the 19# caled maf.

Just a bit of heads up info :shrug:

Grady

Can't you eliminate that problem with the tweecer, or no?

But I do see your point. The cal tube makes the voltage lower for more air, this allowing for more room for CFM increase
Scott

mo_dingo said:
Can't you eliminate that problem with the tweecer, or no?

But I do see your point. The cal tube makes the voltage lower for more air, this allowing for more room for CFM increase
Scott

I ain't gonna get involved with the C&L thing since we were talkin about ProM's.

Lets start off with the oem maf whether it be GT or Cobra as we all know they are the exact same maf.

The reason the same maf works on each Stang is simply due to the fact neither Stang can produce enough air flow to make the maf too small.

Notice the focus is on air flow and not fuel

Mafs are all about air movement ... NOT ... size of fuel inj's.

Ford mafs are built to report the amount of airflow the motor can generate and then they select the size of inj needed to support that amount of air flow.

That air flow is in a range of 0.0 to 5.0 volts. This is the only range the pcm can work with as an input from the maf btw.

Three examples with the oem 94-95 70mm GT/Cobra maf.

1 GT ......... 19ln inj's
2 Cobra ..... 24lb inj's
3 My 95 .... 30lb inj's

You see different size inj's as the fuel needs of each combo is different

What is common in all three examples is the motor could not draw enough air through the maf to peg it or render it as being too small. Well ... my 95 did ... but lets just forget that for now to keep things simple.

... THIS IS IMPORTANT ... Remember, we are talkin about how Ford does it with NO elevated fuel pressure from afpr's or any kind of calibration like ProM does it.

This is a way to see the typical modded combo runs out of fuel (inj size) before air flow measurement (maf) becomes a prob.

You'd see more peeps with lean fuel probs if it weren't for afpr's ... although they are not all that precise ... they have saved a lot of pistons.

anyway I digress ............

Here is where Scott talks about using a Tweecer to make a 19lb caled maf work for a h/c/i combo.

Just as the oem maf can be pegged with the additional air flow of h/c/i, so can a 19lb caled ProM maf.

ProM set it up to work with the stock pcm values ... Correct!
That means it ain't gonna be able to report any more air flow than the oem stocker maf.

If you go in the pcm and tell it you got 24's, 30's 36's, or 42's ......
It don't make no diff cause the combo very well could over power the maf so telling the pcm the correct inj size is a moot point here.
AND
The transfer you load in it with the Tweecer ain't gonna be all that different from the stocker anyway
SO
Loading in the t curve is not gonna get you anymore room either.

The little 19lb caled maf is just too small :(

See if this helps ..............

You see how the blower boys have probs with pegging mafs ...

Same kinda deal but with much more air flow
and
You see they always have to get a bigger maf.

Hope I splained it so it made some kind of sense :)

If not ... I at least got it started for us to talk about :D

If anyone wants to move this to tuning or start a new thread :shrug:

Grady