Facts & Opinions: 245 vs 275 (For Front Tires)

I would put 255 up front. As stated before the 275's will follow every rut and line in the road.

DO NOT PUT 315's on a 10" wheel!

The highest I would put on that 18x10 is 295. Also, with a larger tire in the back, the rear end will still want to follow lines and the front won't. This causes a drifting effect and will move your car around in the lane.

• Sponsors (?)

merc123 said:
I would put 255 up front. As stated before the 275's will follow every rut and line in the road.

DO NOT PUT 315's on a 10" wheel!

The highest I would put on that 18x10 is 295. Also, with a larger tire in the back, the rear end will still want to follow lines and the front won't. This causes a drifting effect and will move your car around in the lane.
Hmm...thanks! I guess since you made it bold, it's important that I don't do it. I'll be ordering them in the next month or so. I'm gonna order the rims first...black bullitts, :drool: I think I'm gonna go with 265s up front and 295s out back. THANKS GUYS!!!

P.S. merc, your sig looks like a friggen text ad. Haha!

topless98gt said:
Hmm...thanks! I guess since you made it bold, it's important that I don't do it. I'll be ordering them in the next month or so. I'm gonna order the rims first...black bullitts, :drool: I think I'm gonna go with 265s up front and 295s out back. THANKS GUYS!!!

P.S. merc, your sig looks like a friggen text ad. Haha!

LOL :) Never noticed that. Anyway, the 315's even in Nitto (which run narrower) are not designed for a 10" wheel and can cause a safety problem if put on a 10". If you want to run them though you could always get a 10.5" wheel. I would also still recommend doing 255's out front. What I've noticed with the 255's is that they will "cut" through the water and make a path for my 295's to follow through so there is less hydroplaning by the wider tires. The only reason I didn't go with 245's up front is because a 245 tire isn't designed for a 9" wheel, it's for an 8" wheel.

I run 275/35s on some Saleen 18x9s and I have no problems with rubbing in the front, even with my C springs.

108899.jpg

I think I need some cobra side skirts. I hate those GT skirts. What do you guys think?

topless98gt said:
I am going to soon be buying some tires and was wondering what the advantages and disadvangages were to 275's over 245's for the front tires. Can you please share with me both your opinions and the facts that you know about the handling, performance, noise, gas milage, etc on these widths? Thanks!

P.S. If it makes a difference, the tires will be going on 18x9 wheels. Also if it matters what the front tires will be paired with, I will be getting 315/35ZR18s in the back on 18x10 deep dish wheels.

i have 18x9 with 265/35/18 and 18x10 wheels with 295/35's thats what size stock saleens and roushes use i think

DCjuggalo said:
^bad ass car dude
did u cut some coils from those springs? it doesnt look like c-springs , and is that tint legal

The fronts springs are untouched, I am even still running the stock isolators. The rears have 1 full coil and 3/4 of the next coil cut to level out the rear.

The tint is limo all the way around, so its illegal. Most of the places around here will not even check the tint if you leave the windows rolled down :D

Ive got 275s all the way around, although they are on 17x9 wheels, also have wheel spacer out back to make rears flush. Tires are BFG Gforce sport, love the tires, I would not ever switch back to a smaller width tire, I don't get any rubbing and the car handles so well. Never really noticed much tracking issues.