Fair price for a clean 1990 GT????

• Sponsors (?)

I always question cars listed as having such low mileage for the age, especially since the odometer goes from 99999 to 00000.

I know mine is right because it has 97k and definately doesnt run or drive like its got 197k. The interior also looks too nice to have that many miles.

It better be MINT for that price. You can get a lot more car for that money. The Foxbody Mustang is a good platform for performence, and "beauty is in the eye of the beholder".

Fox Prices Vary by what area of the Country you are in, clapped out stangs that are beat to death sell for 5 grand around here, your doing fine at 8 if that has only 39,000 Miles on it!

Mine only had 16K on it and I paid less than that. My paint does not look as good and the interior is pretty clean. That one looks real clean. I was told mine sat for a long time (years) due to owner moving upstairs to the clouds (dead). UNFORTUNATLY it sat with no TLC.
Yes you do need to check it out to make sure mileage is correct. I had many pics sent to me before I made the 400 mile journey to buy it. I made the guy take pics of under engine area to see how clean it was.
When we got to Fla to futher inspect I found that the guy had a friend a block away with a lift. We went there and got underneath it. Under engine was spotless of any types of leaks. Checked the code dates on the tires and they were still the original Goodyear Eagles. The biggest thing that proved the mileage to me was;; the guy told me to bring tires with me (I work in a tire store) because the tires were dryrotted badly. So I did and he agreed to pay for them to be installed, when the guy removed the tires I proceeded to inspect the brakes. Well the rear drums still had the washer clips over the studs. Those have to be removed to inspect, most shops do not install them back. +++++ then I removed them with a smile and checked the shoes. They had there share of cobwebs on them and the shoes looked great. Front pads looked good as well. Popped hood before all this and silencer was still in place and the plug wires clearly read 1993. No aftermarket parts were on this thing as far as I could see.
Sorry I got to bab-len on, anyway if the car is tight and you can verify as much as you can on the mileage then make an offer of $6500 and go from there. Mine was closer to the 5k but this guy had no interest in this car just wanted to make a quick buck. He got it from the estate as they finally settled.

Good luck and good find. Looks good.