Fake Cobras

I have a Cobra front clip...came with the car when I bought it...and I prefer the circle fogs to the GT.
The only badge I covered was the rear ford logo with a Steeda Blue Oval stick over.

Makes it stick out just a tad a car shows..plus I'm a steeda dealer so I have to promo what I sell!

But other than that, I personally wouldnt badge any of my cars with anything else than what it is. Some do, to each their own I guess!

• Sponsors (?)

So it's ok to have the body parts just as long as no emblems right? just curious...

I have the hood,front bumper, and shaved rear cover...I wouln't give a damn if 500 different forums flamed me for it...I love how it looks, but I don't hide the fact it's a blown GT either.

Generally speaking I'd say yes. Everyone has different opinions on where to draw the line.

To me a body part is a body part, doesn't matter what they come on if they look good put them on your car. However a badge or emblem that identifies a different engine/trans/limited edition is a no no.

To me a body part is a body part, doesn't matter what they come on if they look good put them on your car. However a badge or emblem that identifies a different engine/trans/limited edition is a no no.

I agree, without the emblems the general public cant tell a V-6, from a GT or a Cobra, no matter what body parts are on them, but when you have a snake sitting on the fender and an SVT badge on the trunk you are just lying!

I love the 01 BULLITT, but you would never see me putting the emblems on my GT trunk...and that is only a 5-10hp difference in power.

Almost

A kid I know bought an 03 clone. Its on a 2000 v6 frame though (thats what the vin says). It has the cobra hood, bumpers, side skirts, low rise wing, supercharged engine, t-56 tranny, black leather and suede interior, and even the cobra background behind his speedometer, tach etc. Does not however have IRS. So that gave it away. Its in okay shape..handles like CRAP. He made me drive it to see if it ran like a real cobra, since I have one. Of course it was fast..but drove nothing like mine. Sadly..he didnt even know what engine was in the car until I came over and looked at it after he had it shipped across the US. He bought it cause it looked like one. $8k..and he got pretty lucky.