Fastest 2VNA goes faster with Fox Lake P-51

KenB

Founding Member
Feb 26, 2002
West Palm Beach
Had a good start to the weekend at Bowling Green. Car ran a new best in the 2nd round of qualifying. I just got done putting on the new P-51 intake from Fox Lake. I'll try and post some dyno graphs later but it picked up 12 rwhp across the board and 10 rwtq over my ported bullitt.

Unfortunately, I still am chasing some gremlins. The car will just shut down in the middle of 4th gear. I thought it was a fuel issue but I just got done putting in a beefy return style system so that's not the problem. I'm leaning toward an electrical issue.

Here's the intake on my car:

p51.jpg

Here is the new best compared to the old best:

Old best:
60' 1.491
330' 4.528
1/8 mile [email protected]
1000' 9.301
1/4 mile [email protected]

60' 1.470
330' 4.495
1/8 [email protected]
1000' 9.240
1/4 [email protected]

I think I could have done much better, but never got another clean pass in due to my problems.

NOW, here's a special treat for everyone. Here are some spy shots of the new prototype XL-500 intake from Fox Lake. This is a race only piece that will be going on my car. It won't fit under a stock hood and may require some other modifications. It features a larger plenum and a bullitt/cobra style throttle body. Hoping that this is the key to high RPM horsepower.

xl500-1.jpg

xl500-2.jpg

• Sponsors (?)

Hey

I was up there helping run the carshow this weekend so I didn't get much time to see the track. But when I did make it down there i saw one of your runs. I was very impressed by that 2V motor. And am certainly interested in the Fox Lake manifold. Look forward to seeing that thing on my car! :nice: