Fastest gone in stang?

Status
Not open for further replies.
  • Sponsors (?)

the only top speed i care about is my 1/4mi trap speed.

Couldn't have said that any better myself. I'll be honest with you guys and tell you I've never been faster than my best quarter mile mph. Its not worth it to get a ticket, I don't care what anyone says. Sure, I rip around, but I know where to do it, and I don't go over the top. I'd much rather keep the money I'd spend on a ticket plus the raised insurance rates, on mods. Say what you want. I think going 155 on the street is obsurd.

152mph when my car was running in almost tip top shape.....Pretty scary, but I was neck and neck with a C5 corvette, so i couldnt back down. I was ****ting my pants though. I checked it with a gear calculater cuz my speedo has ben way of since the t-56.

as far as i am concerned noone has done that speed unless it was gps verified--speedos are way to inaccurate.

tachometers are alot more accurate, especially at near constant speed. calculating the rpm with tire size and rear gear, you will know how fast you were going. i think as soon as you go away from stock tire size, the speedo is "technically" off.

-now that i think about it, since many of us have larger than stock tire/wheel combos, the speedo would actually read SLOWER than actual speed.

tachometers are alot more accurate, especially at near constant speed. calculating the rpm with tire size and rear gear, you will know how fast you were going. i think as soon as you go away from stock tire size, the speedo is "technically" off.

-now that i think about it, since many of us have larger than stock tire/wheel combos, the speedo would actually read SLOWER than actual speed.

correct... with my 18s and 295s in the rear, i had a buddy on the hwy next to me doin about 80 @ 2500 rpm, give or take a few... i was about in his range at the time and my car told me i was doin 70... :shrug:

I run 18's also, pacing my other car that is stock (98 cobra) and stock tire size my speedo read 80 at 2800 rpm's, my brother driving the other car said the speedo read 80 as well, once we got up to 90 mine was 3mph off, mine said 87 the other 90. We didnt go any faster, since I dont see a reason to go faster than that on the freeway.

152 mph on the lonely iowa blacktops, without the corn being tall enough to make blind intersections. I love it, Ive done it several times. I'll probably blow my engine, tires or both soon though cause I take it until it doesnt climb anymore, I have like 50 mile stretches at a time!

Status
Not open for further replies.