feels like it bogs down at WOT

HtownGT

Dec 5, 2002
Houston
yea so i knwo there have been tons of threads about this and i used to know how to fix it but i forgot. but basically when i step on it from a stop it feels like it bogs down. and when i hit it like 3/4 throttle it it doesnt bog or hesitate. so what do i need to do. i dont have an AFPR, so if i need that im screwed. damn poor college student syndrome!

• Sponsors (?)

Forgot to mention, I have a 1994 Vert GT. Current Mods:
TrickFlow Upper/Lower Intake
70 MM TB
Cold Air Intake
BBK Pullies
Crane Ignition Box & FireBall Coil
373 Gears
Flowmaster Exhaust
Nitrous Works Setup (was 100 shot w/nozzle, changed to 150 shot w/Plate)
BBK 255 Lph Fuel Pump and Fuel presure regulator

Need to Install (Just got them last week)
2400 Converter
Headers
MT ET Streets

I dont know if it will really help your car in particular, but somthing that helped my car out alot was cleaning the maf.

I had a post on here a whyle back, about my car kind of bogging down , and they said to clean the maf and that did the trick!

So just take the 2 screws out then carefully remove it . Take a liitle bit of rubbing alchol and with a Q-tip carefully clean the sensors. Hope that helps some. :nice:

HtownGT said:
ok sweet, now i gotta try and take out my MAF from from CAI and hope i dont break it off.

Just remove the sensor from the housing. Use some electrical cleaner (i.e. CDC electrical cleaner) instead of carb cleaner. It won't leave a residue. But I would still recommend taking a dry q-tip to it afterwards just to be sure.

http://www.muscularmustangs.com/maf.html
Scott