Fender Liner

sawdeanz

Sep 6, 2016
Maybe a dumb question and a dumb thing I did, (it has not been a good week for my fox). I had my fenders rolled including the front ones, I didn't anticipate that the fender liner/wheel well liner would then become a problem. After rolling it wouldn't reach the inside lip of the fender anymore and just kind of hung there. I had the guy just go ahead and trim it back a little so that it would hold shape and not get in the way of the wheels. Now I'm worried about water etc. getting up in there. How serious of a problem is this? My instinct is to just find a sheet of similar type of plastic to bridge the gap, but was curious if anyone had any other ideas or suggestions.

• Sponsors (?)

Bridging the gap with decent material works well. I've done it before with the black plastic that's used to go around flower beds. Kinda boot legged it with zip ties but it worked. Aluminum rivets and small washers would have been the better way.

Use a piece of cardboard to make a template. Drill some holes and pop that thing into submission.