Few questions about te 99-04 Mustang GTs

• Sponsors (?)

BuffaloZone said:
Or...
5-Speed = probably 90% of the owners don't know how to *drive* their 5-speed cars properly...so they lose the advantage they should have

Automatic = a leg and arm that actually still function after 20 miles of stop-n-go traffic [me]

:p

automatics are overated in stop-and-go traffic. yeah, you don't have to worry about the clutch, but your foot is constantly on the brake. I hate the "too fast" coasting feeling when you let off the gas on an automatic. at least with a 5-speed one can use engine braking to your advantage when the car is slowly moving, and when the car is fully stopped in a 5-speed, you can put the car in neutral and not have the foot constantly on the brake.
I supposed you can put an automatic in neutral put its not as natural as with a stick.

I bet my auto is faster that 80% of the 5-speeds out there that are still N/A. Automatics can be made fast just like sticks can. Auto's are alot more consistent and never miss a shift. Don't look down on the Autos, just because they are alittle bit slower stock.

Brandon

02 blk GT said:
I bet my auto is faster that 80% of the 5-speeds out there that are still N/A. Automatics can be made fast just like sticks can. Auto's are alot more consistent and never miss a shift. Don't look down on the Autos, just because they are alittle bit slower stock.

Brandon
Yeah, I like my auto for what I do, but I know that they are about .3-.5 slower in the 1/4. The 4:10's and extended shift point and rev limiter made a world of difference. Im waiting to trade up to a 05 auto though and the 5-speed trans have way better ratios than the 4-speed and will only be .2-.3 slower in the 1/4 at worst. If u must have a auto, youve gotta get gears and reprogram that computer for improved performance without a doubt.

Automatics for all!! lol I know driving a manual can be a lot of fun, but I am just to lazy for that all the time. Everyone always gets on me for having an auto until they grind their gears and miss shifts. :nonono:

maddogg545 said:
Automatics for all!! lol I know driving a manual can be a lot of fun, but I am just to lazy for that all the time. Everyone always gets on me for having an auto until they grind their gears and miss shifts. :nonono:

Hey maddogg545 how do you like your exhaust combo? I got your exact setup, but I am runnin 2 chamber flows instead of your 1 chambers. How does your car sound? I was thinking about changing over to 1 chambers, because when I switched from my h-pipe to the prochamber after I got my LTs my exhuast kinda quieted down. Got any sound clip?

Brandon