Fill hole in trunk or buy new

just4bob50

Apr 2, 2005
Pa.
I just got a sweet deal from a friend on a Cervins limited rear deck wing like those on the limited edition verts. He only wanted 0 bucks for it. Any how i got it primed and mounted ( looks sweet ) but I need to get the holes filled in the trunk lid. Now I have zero experience when it comes to body work, and not very much patience at times so i would like a profesional to do it. I saw on the net that HO Fiber Trends has this trunk lid for sale for only 175. http://www.hofibertrends.com/7993t%20page.htm

Does it make more sence to have the stock lid filled or get this. The stock lid has zero rust on it and I was worried about taking more weight off the rear wheels. So what do you guys think.

• Sponsors (?)

Prolly cost you more than its worth to have all them holes filled. I assume you had a deck lid with the luggage rack? How many holes are there exposed now that would need filling? I've thought about taking the luggage rack off mine and filling the holes but seems there are a lot of fasteners holding that dam thing on....

i've taken it off, its just rivets that you can drill out, I did this before paint. As to the hole filling, you'd need to get the other 175 one prepped and smoothed depending on how good the quality is(or else it will come out wavy looking) and painted anyway, so I say take the lid to a body guy, get a quote then ask him what it would be for not having to fill holes but still be prepped and painted, based on that go with what is cheaper.