Final Check list for aode to t-5

94GTMOOSE

Jun 27, 2005
jersey shore
OK boys, here is the good news. i've beat on my car for so long that it finally is havin trans problems. now you must be saying why are trans problems good? Because i always told myself when the trans goes i am swapping the aode slush box out and going with what i originally wanted, a 5spd.

What i need from you fine gentlemen is a little verification on my check list of parts needed. My Mechanic could easily tell me but he is the show up with parts don't ask questions type of person.

here it is:

1. 94-95 t-5 trans (don't have it but mechanic does)
  2. bell housing from 94-95 (got)
  3. pedal assy. (got)
  4. cluch(needed, most likely going to use king cobra)
  5. clutch cable (needed gonna stay stock, no need for adjustable)
  6. shifter (got pro 5.0)
  7. seals and gaskets (supplied by mechanic)
  8. clutch fork (got)
  9. flywheel (need)

Is there anything i am missing.

• Sponsors (?)

I knew i didn't need a drive shaft but was most likely going to change it anyway.

As far as the ecm goes, i am pretty confident that you do not need to change that. My mechanic has been doing these swaps longer then you can imagine, and assures me that there is no need. he is no back yard mechanic with a lift and some tools so i trust his judgment.

here is his website, see if you'd trust him

http://www.bigdaddyperformance.com/

1. Block or starter plate
2. Shifter boots
3. Wiring harness or modify the aode one
4. Computer or You can use a chip in you aode computer. That is what I did.
5. Trans mount plate Their is a small plate between the Trans and Trans mount that is different. If you can’t get one you may be able to drill 2 holes in the aode plate about 2 inches back for the Trans mount. I can take some pictures of that part if you need

Be sure you have a 94/95 fork
You WILL need a chip or ECM it will NOT WORK without it I tried

BTW I have a stock flywheel and Anderson Ford super king cobra clutch I am trying to sell. Low miles on the clutch and flywheel cut. Could toss in the stock cable 2

My swap is complete except for the ecm and it hesitates and feels slow. Hopefully when i get it things will change. I hear alot of people say that it is necessary and im going to get it.

For a test you can Disconnect the speedo wires this will fool it and it will run good just watch out for the dieing at slow speeds

The auto ECC looks for the 2nd gear shift if it doesn't see it runs like crap