finally cleaned up my engine bay and got tips(pics)

well as many stated i uesed some purple power on my engine and it made a massive difference. but i forgot to take off my intake plate that i spent alot of time on :(
before:
DSC01186.jpg

DSC01187.jpg

DSC01188.jpg

DSC01189.jpg

After:
DSC01203.jpg

DSC01205.jpg

DSC01204.jpg

DSC01203.jpg

the tails
before:
DSC01138.jpg

after:
DSC01207.jpg

Attachments

• DSC01186.jpg
    DSC01186.jpg
    160.6 KB · Views: 86
  • DSC01187.jpg
    DSC01187.jpg
    106.2 KB · Views: 89
  • DSC01188.jpg
    DSC01188.jpg
    138.5 KB · Views: 93
  • DSC01189.jpg
    DSC01189.jpg
    116.4 KB · Views: 84
  • DSC01203.jpg
    DSC01203.jpg
    143.3 KB · Views: 83
  • DSC01205.jpg
    DSC01205.jpg
    114.4 KB · Views: 84
  • DSC01204.jpg
    DSC01204.jpg
    135.8 KB · Views: 83
  • DSC01203.jpg
    DSC01203.jpg
    143.3 KB · Views: 88
  • DSC01138.jpg
    DSC01138.jpg
    72.7 KB · Views: 83
  • DSC01207.jpg
    DSC01207.jpg
    121.3 KB · Views: 80
  • Sponsors (?)

OK now that it's clean, here's what you do...

Go buy the cheapest can of tire shine FOAM you can find....probably armorall or something like that...it doesn't have to be expensive, it just has to be the foamy kind. Take it and cover your whole damn engine bay with it....the WHOLE engine...everything (use your head of course when hitting electrical connections etc). Then go have a few beers or whatever it is you like to do (i like to crack open a Mt. Dew and play some Battlefield 2). About 1/2 hour later or so go back, and your engine will look like a professional detailer scrubbed it with a tooth brush. You may need to take a clean cloth and wipe a few smooth surfaces down, but for the most part you won't believe how it turns out.

(disclaimer: this works for me and has worked for many years. My parents used to work at a high end detail shop when i was a kid, and this was the initial detailing that was done on most engines...you do so at your own risk, but like i said it's worked awesome for me)

Then go have a few beers or whatever it is you like to do.....

yo dude i'm 17. haha

but yea of course your engine bay looks better... i've had mine for two weeks

but ok this is the list over the next week.

1. take off fan cover and paint it

2. clean up hoses(the purple power turned alot of them white???)

3. shorten +battery cable

4. new spark plug wires(autozone? or better recommendations???)

5. tire shine the engine bay????

do you have any pics of the bumper from a different angle? can you get one from the side or a 3/4 shot from the rear?

ill get some tomorrow. dark out

Looks good man...i see u got some straight tips there....what did u end up doing??

got just the saw-off, screw-on tips from o'rielly's. i figured just getting those until January when i get those super 44's and maybe a bassani catback

looking good

yo thanks man

I use simple green works great and I agree 100% the armorall is the key to making it look brand new..

Your engine bay is cleaner then mine...lol i will do mine after the winter...Also the tips look way better......:nice:

Go buy the cheapest can of tire shine FOAM you can find....probably armorall or something like that...it doesn't have to be expensive, it just has to be the foamy kind. Take it and cover your whole damn engine bay with it....the WHOLE engine...everything (use your head of course when hitting electrical connections etc). Then go have a few beers or whatever it is you like to do (i like to crack open a Mt. Dew and play some Battlefield 2). About 1/2 hour later or so go back, and your engine will look like a professional detailer scrubbed it with a tooth brush. You may need to take a clean cloth and wipe a few smooth surfaces down, but for the most part you won't believe how it turns out.

Yep! Works like a charm:nice:

I'm tellin ya....the tire shine sounds far fetched but give it a try. What's it gonna hurt if it doesn't work?

The cars we worked on when i was a kid weren't budget Mustangs, they were Ferrari/Porsche/Jag/Masserati etc. We worked in down town Lexington KY and only dealth with high end cars. Anyone remember an old Bengals place kicker named Jim Breach? We detailed his 911...it had 28k gold plated beauty rings on the rims...