Finally got another Fox

• Sponsors (?)

It's a little dusty in this pic. it is very straight and has no rust, AZ car. drove it home and had the heater core pop on me. Already got the core done and a new dash topper.

Attachments

• image000000.jpg
    image000000.jpg
    313 KB · Views: 29
Reactions: 1 users
That's pretty sweet.

If I recall, all the GT-350s before the recent flat-plane were all made for rental car companies.

Is that the case with your 84?
I'm not sure. I am the 3rd or 4th owner. Nothing I have found has mentioned that. I'll look into it. This is my first 4 eye fox. all the others have been 87 +

Reactions: 1 user
I'm not sure. I am the 3rd or 4th owner. Nothing I have found has mentioned that. I'll look into it. This is my first 4 eye fox. all the others have been 87 +
I did a little looking around. It doesn't appear that the 84 GT350 was a rental unit but I did find this:

Limited Edition Production​

Out of the almost 142,000 Mustangs produced during the 1984 model year, there were only 5,260 20th Anniversary Mustang copies produced. And out of those, only 350 were manufactured with the turbo 4 cylinder engine, making them rare indeed!

Cosmetically I don't plan on anything drastic. I want it to look like a factory car. I do want to go 4.6l at some point. When I started at the Ford Dealers in the 90's fox bodies were still under warranty and SN95's had just came out. I have done a lot of work on 4.6l and always liked the way they sounded. Ive built many 302's, i want something a little different.

I'm going to leave this here just in case:

Even though you expressed an interest in 5-lug (which I totally get). The other thing I don't like about those wheels is this... If you're going to make a replica wheel, why make it in 16x7??? :rlaugh: Make some 17x9s for cryin' out loud and gimme a 5-lug version like they do with their 10-holes:

:shrug:
I agree why not 17's. modern machining is awesome now, almost anything you want is available. I like the way the 2001 Bullitt wheels look. 17-inch good tire size and a slight retro look to them. the original metric wheels where long gone on mine.