First Project, A '73 Notchback

Discussion in '1965 - 1973 Classic Mustangs -General/Talk-' started by McDoosh, Mar 2, 2014.

1. McDoosh

McDoosh New Member

Showcase:
    Albums:
    So I just wanted to take a look at some Foxes on Ebay to replace my daily when I ended up walking away with a '73 Notchback. It needs some body work and I have to admit that I really don't know much about first gens. This will be my first project car, period. I will definitely be in need of good advice and I have several questions about what exactly I just bought.

For instance, I'm not sure what exactly fits in the cutout on the hood. I know that the engine was replaced, so I don't think the hole is being utilized anymore. I'd rather use the existing cutout by buying something for it than to buy another hood, but I'm not sure what will fit, pardon my ignorance. Will a 69/70 shaker do? Any feedback at all would be very helpful...

[​IMG] [​IMG]

Attached Files:

2. horse sence

horse sence Please don't call me Mom SN Certified Technician

Showcase:
    Albums:
    I am betting it had a Mr gasket scoop .it set on the carb . some one made his own shaker 1.jpg
  3. horse sence

horse sence Please don't call me Mom SN Certified Technician

Showcase:
    Albums:
    hood prices have come down a lot .I would go with this hood ,it is available at any parts dealer,it was used from 71-73 and fits coupe convertible and fast back 2.jpg 3.jpg
    McDoosh likes this.
  4. McDoosh

McDoosh New Member

Showcase:
    Albums:
    Horse Sence, that's a good idea. I had a feeling that it was a custom job. So I'm looking at getting the hood, the plenum, and the bezels. Anything else I would need to buy?