Flashing Check Engine!!!

SEXYBLACK02

Feb 13, 2003
NY
OK heres the scoop got new low comp shortblock for supercharger fun in and service engine light came on. Code was misfire in #1 cleared it checked coil, plug was OK. Put on C&L plenum and 70 mm TB to get it ready for tune at kauffman monday... but check engine light started blinking and it says misfire in #5 now misfire in 1000 rpms, and it blinks and car hesitates when you just driving normal. Does this all have to due with the car needed the tune that badly or is it something more serious???

:(

• Sponsors (?)

When the misfire happens above 1000 for a prolonged period the light will blink like crazy. I had misfire in #3 below 1000rpm, and misfire in #6 above 1000. Various things: Your compression is way too low, bent valves(which will destroy the guide and kill head...personal exp.), or bad coil. It can become a more serious problem. Disconnect the fuel injector when you drive it so you don't keep dumping fuel in there, washing it out. Don't punch it. Drive nice.
I've learned thru experience with both chargers and juice.....my 2003 GT I've had since Jan has had two whole motors put in.....both were beyond rebuild.

krly79 said:
you can go with some choke stuff/carb cleaner around the intake around #5 and see if you have a leak anywhere. :shrug:
Yea but how could it go from #1 to #5 could it be from the low comp pistons and not having a new tune? and if its a coil why would it switch from 1 to 5 doesn't this car have 8 coils? :shrug:

I think that it would indicate a misfire from low compression. I didn't realise you said that it was a low comp short block. I just read a threat somewhere earlier about low compression causing the light to trigger. I think it was a write-up about the problem with using cam regrinds with mod motors. :shrug: