Flowtech power steering bracket

70coupe302

Founding Member
Sep 2, 2002
i used this bracket so my flowtech headers would clear the ram...now when i turn the wheels the ram moves the bracket around even when all the bolts are tight, this happens because there is a slot in the bracket and not just a hole for the bolt togo though

Anybody have an idea how to fix this, because im gonna blame it on their ****ty design :notnice:

• Sponsors (?)

84convertablegt said:
no, most of the brackets are crappy just like that. i welded mine in as well as bolting it, there is alot of pressure on that thing, its safer to weld it also. thats the only recommendation i have.
This is one of the reasons I am willing to pay a little more for headers that do not require the relocation bracket.

My bracket pulled through the frame rail as well. I had to have a plate with blind nuts made and then welded on to fix. Make sure you do something to reinforce so you do not have the same problem.

crap crap crap. Flowtech's fault is making headers that don't clear the ram, not the bracket's fault itself. These idiots keep re-hashing header designs that were originally made to fit old Falcons that didn't have the power steering option. Get headers that don't require the bracket. Doesn't matter what bracket you get, it will break eventually unless you reinforce it and the mount yourself. Even after that, one large dip in the road and the bracket will hit the ground, ripping it off your frame. It hits the ground before your suspension hits the bumpstop! Been there, done that.

MAC claims theirs doesn't need it, but I'll believe it when I see one in person. I have seen Thorley Tri-Ys on someone's car here and it cleared the ram just fine without the bracket. There are other headers out there that might fit, but don't believe them unless you see it for yourself. Many header manufacturers just tell you to use the bracket anyway, even though they may not need it (e.g. Doug Thorley) but like I said, ask around and look for yourself before spending $200.

I went with shorties. Not the best performance-wise, but I don't like having all that junk hanging below my framerail.

Sorry I don't. I had the camera with me at the exhaust place so I can get pics while it was up on the rack, but I left the camera in the car. Oops!

Right now it's in the garage and I just tried to get pics from the ground but it isn't working out too well.

They're Sanderson shorties. The collector aims just below the clutch linkage. The first guy that did my exhaust (at Sanderson's shop, no less) wimped out and used a straight 2" pipe from the collector to pass the power steering ram, then went back up to 2.25". The last exhaust guy, who made my x-pipe, managed to snake a nice 2.25" pipe through that jungle of linkages. Changing the driver side collector gasket is a pain but I went with a copper one and it's held up for a long time. Paper ones won't survive the heat up there too long.

ron67fb said:
Sorry I don't. I had the camera with me at the exhaust place so I can get pics while it was up on the rack, but I left the camera in the car. Oops!

Right now it's in the garage and I just tried to get pics from the ground but it isn't working out too well.

They're Sanderson shorties. The collector aims just below the clutch linkage. The first guy that did my exhaust (at Sanderson's shop, no less) wimped out and used a straight 2" pipe from the collector to pass the power steering ram, then went back up to 2.25". The last exhaust guy, who made my x-pipe, managed to snake a nice 2.25" pipe through that jungle of linkages. Changing the driver side collector gasket is a pain but I went with a copper one and it's held up for a long time. Paper ones won't survive the heat up there too long.
Thank's anyway