Brakes Flushing brakes, how to remove master cylinder mesh filter??

AnthonyA1234

Aug 17, 2020
Florida
Is there a way to take out this little mesh filter or do I just push it down when I’m sucking out the old fluid with a turkey Baster. I’m trying to pull it out with a pick but it seems like it doesn’t want to come out.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    293.2 KB · Views: 49
  • Sponsors (?)

Is that the 'low level sensor flote?
I doubt it there’s no cables or anything. I’m pretty sure it’s just a little mesh filter to stop solids from getting in there. I’d like to take it off before I start flushing the brakes so I could take more old fluid out with a turkey baster first.

Just pull the reservoir down with a gravity bleed off the left front. Won’t take long and frankly is the easy button.

On a side note don’t let the MC go dry on and ABS equipped car as the only way I know to bleed an ABS system is to pressure bleed it. Have heard a person can lock up the ABS pump piston if the MC goes dry and the system is manually bled. Could be wrong so I just pressure bleed mine.

Got it done. Yea I just pushed the float down with the turkey Baster and got as much as I could. Then I flushed each brake using the two person method. Brakes don’t feel mushy anymore!

• Hell Yeah!
Reactions: 2 users