flywheel/clutch with t-5 conversion on '68?

ljf0021

Founding Member
Oct 18, 2001
Fayetteville, NC
I want to install a t-5 transmission in '68 coupe. Have the transmission and bellhousing, but have gotten a lot of different opinons on the bellhousing old or new. Since I don't have the old bell housing, car was an automatic which broke. Anybody tell what flywheel/clutch do I use with a t-5 bellhousing. I'm also confused about number of teeth on flywheel. The car had a large C-4 transmission from a '79 mustang with a dipstick in pan type. I try replacing with '68 original transmisson and it looked tiny to '79 type. I also would like to do the cable, main reason for using t-5 bellhousing, instead of linkage since I don't have any linkage. Appecriate the info and heads up on any big problems.

• Sponsors (?)

im in the middle of doing this same thing.. im using the t5 bell housing.. i had it all together and had a bad vibration which i think was coming from the flywheel...the machine shop supposedly rebalanced a 50oz to a 28oz..im going to put in a ford motorsport flywheel today ..it comes already balanced...ill let you know how it goes..joe

I think I will get the Ford Motorsport flywheel since I only want to do this once. I had fits with my 89' and decided to go cheap and get it turned and had it take it apart tried a spacer and when that didn't work, broke down and bought a new flywheel. Still get a chatter under more than normal revs. :bang: