Fog lights on the V6?

02BLU3V6

Feb 11, 2009
Illinois
My buddy just gave me a pair of smoked foglights, but its just the housing and the mounting brackets. What do i need to hook these up, I have heard that i just need the wiring harness and possibly a switch. Any help?

• Sponsors (?)

actually you need the switch, relay, lights, and you need the harness that goes from the lights to the fire wall. When i did my foglights i bought the entire wire harness off a mustang in a junk yard and pulled all the wires and installed it. i do have to say though this is the smartest way to install the lights cuz your doin it the same as a factory setup but it takes a good 8 hours of work not including the time to rewrap the wires and pull them from the other mustang

and actually i just found this on ebay, it is the wire harness you need to plug and go, its a bit pricy but if you don't feel like doin all the work it may be worth it. after you get that wire harness you just need the switch and a relay for your fuse box. heres a link, cant get it to hyperlink so you'll have to copy and paste it.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/1994...r_Truck_Parts_Accessories&hash=item2310366857

well when i installed the foglights on my base v6 i did exactly as the factory would have done it, i went to a junkyard pulled the wire harness from another car and then tore out the wires that i need, and reloomed them and made a spot in my fuse box with a relay, and then plugged all the wires in. the cool thing about this generation of fords is that they didn't make one wire harness for each car so the wires for the switch are already in the console right next to the wires for a convertible, which is really cool. but to get back on track all you need to make your foglight system factory you need the wire harness that runs through the engine compartment and everything else is there. now to warn you you do have to take the inner fender off and take the wire harness apart to add the new wires and it will take a couple hours to do this but you get a factory setup when your done. i posted a link earlier for ebay to buy the harness that you need.

When I got my roush front bumper, I just bought a relay, a switch, and of course the light bulbs, first wire up the foglights up to your relay and the switch to the relay you know the simple stuff
If you don't know how to wire up a relay don't be ashamed I don't either but there are always diagrams you can follow up on the internet I admit I have to every single time I wire up a relay anyways just do that simple relay hook up and they should work, I put the aftermarket switch where the factory switch goes, if you try to wire it up to the factory wires its a PAIN IN THE ASS man so save yourself 10 hours lol and make sure to also wire up to the ignition wires so the relay has power only when the car is on, good luck and post pics if you do it

When I got my roush front bumper, I just bought a relay, a switch, and of course the light bulbs, first wire up the foglights up to your relay and the switch to the relay you know the simple stuff
If you don't know how to wire up a relay don't be ashamed I don't either but there are always diagrams you can follow up on the internet I admit I have to every single time I wire up a relay anyways just do that simple relay hook up and they should work, I put the aftermarket switch where the factory switch goes, if you try to wire it up to the factory wires its a PAIN IN THE ASS man so save yourself 10 hours lol and make sure to also wire up to the ignition wires so the relay has power only when the car is on, good luck and post pics if you do it