Follow up thread to my Hood Flying up.

Kdubslugga

Jun 7, 2003
Akron, OH
Well as some of you might know, my new hood just flew up on me about a week ago while i was crusin about 30mph, damaging the whole cowl area but not the hood. Thank God. Well anyways i took it to my cousins house, "AFTER I INSTALLED HOOD PINS" and he is in the prosess of fixing it for me. He has restored a few fox bodies and works for a Dent Removel Place. With all of his tools to remove dents he couldnt get them all out, so he has to fill it up with some Bondo type stuff and painted it with Glossy black paint to match my car. I was suprised at how good it came out, you can even tell anything happened. Now i just have to wait until the rain stops here to pick it up, because i no longer have wipers, it broke the whole linkage stuff. I would of just gone to a shop and had them fix it the right way, but hey, i work part time and go to college, i have NO MONEY. My cuz actually told be that i was lucky the hood didnt completly fly off, with the kind of damage i did to the Cowl area its a miracle it did just break off. Well i learned my lesson.

• Sponsors (?)

hey boss dont feel bad about your hood flying up,, same thing happened to me before i put the car away for the winter, the only problem i have is getting somebody to fix it, i dont want to spend a crap load of money at a body shop so i guess ill see who wants to help me out, and by the way, it only damaged my cowl area too, not the hood

That sucks, my friend had the same thing happen on his 92 GT. He had a cervinis stormin norman hood and the guy who owned it before him didn't put the safety latch back on and the hood flew up doing 50 mph. it screwed alot up but he got it all fixed and has a different car now. He had to go through alot to fix his car.