For those who drove the GT and v6...

• Sponsors (?)

Sanctus said:
im sry you are just ignorant, in my post i said that i am paying for my gt at z plan pricing, which is below x plan. So if you really want to compare apples with apples, im getting a gt premium coupe for just at 25. and so the markup your talking about isnt even part of my post. And that is complete bull **** that a nitrous kit would take that much time off your 1/4mi time. not even a supercharger would take it down 2+seconds. not that alone. And i would like to see a v6 stang running 12s i really would. that would impress me, post 0-60 times as well as an official drag slip and then we will have a disscussion, but untill then your numbers are just that, they are YOUR numbers that have no validity or basis. so please if your going to say your v6 is running in the 12's with a "zex kit" then please be prepared to back it up

Ignorance is talking about something which you have no clue about, which is what you are doing. Do a little research before you go running your mouth.

This is annoying, both cars are great!!!!! The V6 and the V8 are for two different markets, but either way it's a mustang. I get so frustrated with the V6 vs. GT war!!!! It dosent matter as long as you love your ride. For me, I could afford the GT any day of the week, unfortunately the insurance would have kicked my a$$ which is why a lot of people are in my shoes. Another interesting thing is aprart from the engine, jack the V6 up.....it shares so much of the V8 it's sick. Thats why the V6 is so easy to mod with GT take offs.

I got two more kills today, a 3000 GT and a Civic SI!!!! And I let both of them catch up to me at the 4th light, gave them another shot...and handed thier A$$ to them.

GT or V6, both would have been proud to pound a import into the ground that thought they could hang with a mustang....well not all imports (i'm not stupid, some imports are just sick fast!).

The bottom line is the V6 has a lot of potential and at 4.0, any mechanic will tell you it can go. It's not V8 but it is still really respectable. You know, there are a lot of cool V6 or V8 owners that surf both areas of the forum, and have good suggestions. But this crap "you should have bought a V8!" is just plain annoying.

What if someone posted "you should have bought a M5, or a Evo!". If that happened, V8 and V6 would pound on that sucker. It's getting old, just drop it. Either way, its a great car.

rygenstormlocke said:
The bottom line is the V6 has a lot of potential and at 4.0, any mechanic will tell you it can go. It's not V8 but it is still really respectable. You know, there are a lot of cool V6 or V8 owners that surf both areas of the forum, and have good suggestions. But this crap "you should have bought a V8!" is just plain annoying.

One thing that I know for sure is that very few of these 'V8 snobs' have ever even driven the 2005 V6's .... especially one that's been 'tuned'

* * * * :chair: * * * *

And now let me lay out a challenge to my V6 brethren here ~
try and find one person each month that you think is really interested and let them test drive your ride!

The most fun that I've had with mine (so far) has been watching the way my friends light up when they're lighting-up my tires!!!

peace ~
:p

scrming said:
The hesistation is the caused by the torque limiters. This is especially noticable in the automatic when you try to take off from a dead stop. Floor the gas the the car will feel like it's actually bogging and then eventually takes off... The computer sees to much torque and it basically shuts the motor down! (They want to make sure your drive train makes it through the warranty period) I've got the V6 automatic and I could not get the tires to spin even when power breaking. I bought and X-Cal2 and now can spin my big oversize BALLON tires! I added a Trac-Lok last week so I'm actually spinning BOTH tires now!! It is a night and day difference! Lidio from Alternative Auto has developed a tune for the V6's and removed all the torque limiters! It's amazing! I'm actually chirping the tires on my 1-2 and 2-3 shifts!

Here's the dyno sheet for a completely stock V6 automatic before and after using Lidio's 89 Octane tune. Notice the increase in torque!

when installing the trac-lok, did u need to buy anything else than the actual differential?

Jimp said:
We put Bullits and fog lights on our cars to make them look better, just like GT owners who mod their cars. What I don't get is why GT owners feel the need to hang out here and make stupid comments about V6s. We don't really care what you think. You stay in the GT forum and we will stay here. Is that so hard for you to understand? :nono:

Read the topic of the thread and you will know why GT owners are posting here. Some of us, have driven both and bought the GT. I know I wouldn't have been happy with the V6 especially considering some of the competition out there. I don't consider the V6 to be all that great a value for the car you get, on the other hand, the GT is. There are cheaper V6s with less displacement and more HP than the 4.0L in the mustang.

You know, a few ricers give imports a bad name. A few GT owners give GTs a bad name. I really wish mods would just SMITE people who come into these forums bashing the v6. Its SOOO LAST WEEK GUYS GET WITH THE PROGRAM. GAHD.

Seriously though, its getting ridiclious. Its sad and pathetic. Its pushing me, and Im sure others are right there with me, to the point where I want to pull up next to every 05 GT be it on the strip or street and smoke them. Just because I know we arent going to get any respect until we do.

You need just the T-lok.

Anyone that owned a GT and wanted to drive my car, Id probably let. Especially some people off these boards. they love their car as much as I do mine.. and I know they're going to treat it right. Not do anything stupid. In fact, if there are any GT or v6 owners in the ATL area (TN AL SC NC) within like 5 hours of me let me know. I love road trips.. just give me notice and let me know hotel prices where you life. Ill let you take it out for the day if you pay gas. Im sick of this crap.

Zodiac said:
You know, a few ricers give imports a bad name. A few GT owners give GTs a bad name. I really wish mods would just SMITE people who come into these forums bashing the v6. Its SOOO LAST WEEK GUYS GET WITH THE PROGRAM. GAHD.

Seriously though, its getting ridiclious. Its sad and pathetic. Its pushing me, and Im sure others are right there with me, to the point where I want to pull up next to every 05 GT be it on the strip or street and smoke them. Just because I know we arent going to get any respect until we do.

You need just the T-lok.

Anyone that owned a GT and wanted to drive my car, Id probably let. Especially some people off these boards. they love their car as much as I do mine.. and I know they're going to treat it right. Not do anything stupid. In fact, if there are any GT or v6 owners in the ATL area (TN AL SC NC) within like 5 hours of me let me know. I love road trips.. just give me notice and let me know hotel prices where you life. Ill let you take it out for the day if you pay gas. Im sick of this crap.

I'm in the Atlanta area, I will let you drive my car. :D

Cool. I move back into Emory in two weeks, and technically live in Rome during the summers. Ill be sure and shoot you a PM when I do.. hopefullly all these mods I just ordered will be installed then too :)

Zodiac said:
Cool. I move back into Emory in two weeks, and technically live in Rome during the summers. Ill be sure and shoot you a PM when I do.. hopefullly all these mods I just ordered will be installed then too :)

Its a futile effort.. Somehow Black2001GT wants you to believe his stock 2001 GT can take your V6.. He's dreaming, unless he has done some aftermarket mods..

Granted, if you get alittle squirrley on the launch, his TLOK rearend will put him in front, leaving you in a catch up situation.. But overall, Black2001GT really has no room to talk.. His GT year was nothing special.. It was actually a year when Ford really didnt know what they were going to do.. In my opinion, besides the basic GT options, his power is not overwhelming at all, and he should be a push over, unless he forces the race past 115MPH.. In which case, you need to remove the speed limit restriction..

But I wouldnt lose any sleep on a 2001GT.. Go to bed! :nice:

http://axis1.bizland.com/stang/specs.html

Lets break this down alittle Black2001GT

(260HP @ the Flywheel)- 15%= 221 RWHP

(302TQ @ The Flywheel)- 15%= 256.7 RWTQ

Based on these numbers Black2001 GT, you should be actually considering picking up a 2005 or 2006 V6 Stang..

These numbers mean, if I catch you slippin or asleep at the green light, I'm eating a 2001GT for lunch.. LOL!!

Guys, this is a perfect example of why you guys shouldnt waste time arguing about this stuff.. Just relax.. I'll race Black2001 GT and show you how its done!! :D

Its all in good fun Black2001GT :nice: But you should start posting more realistic in terms of what a Black 2001 GT represents.. Right now, your misleading the public..

V6 Power. You dont hear us V-8 guys whining about get respect from the v-10 owners. Suck it up and take it like a Man, you have a Ford V-6, maybe if you do a nissan vq swap, pick up 80hp we can have a party(at which you will still lose).