Ford EASYCARE Extended Warranty

Hi folks,

Sent my baby to the dealer to check out a few things before my extended warranty runs out.

1. Front-end clunk since day one (TSB)

2. Passenger compartment water leak (TSB)

3. Automatic shifter not engaging D (4th) when upshifting from 3rd

4. Radio - CD changer has trouble ejecting / loading CD

Well, all of them were verified by a Ford tech.

Easycare will only cover the friggin' radio.

Any ideas how to get these repairs done under warranty?

Thanks

SOHC

PS: Reposted this from another board since I'd like your experiences with Easycare.

• Sponsors (?)

i have to take mine in the auto shifter is messed up on mine too. since the first winter i had it in 05. i was driving in snow so put it in 2. then the road cleared so at the next stop light went to put it in d. the little red thing that tells u what gear your in is stuck in 3 been there 2 years now lol.

Each TSB outlines whether the TSB should be covered if the vehicle is under the warranty. Look at the fine print. If you have an extended warranty I should think the TSB's should be covered, read the warraty fine print too. I would also go check with another dealer just in case. In Austin TX, Leif Johnson Ford has bent over backwards fixing things for me, TSBs included. Not all dealerships are alike, and they definitely earn a sizeable chunk of their income from their service department...

Good luck,
Steve

You should not have a problem with a reputable dealer. If your dealer won't take care of the problems, I would either file a complaint with Ford or take the car to another dealer. They should take care of you with no questions asked.

I just looked at the Easycare website. They used to be a wholly owned subsidiary of Ford, but no longer are. In any case, for any dealer to perform TSB work, they have to be able to bill it back to someone. If the vehicle is under a Ford warranty, then no problem. If its a 3rd party warranty, then its up to the warranty company. So it sounds like Easycare doesn't want to fess up.

This is good food for thought, as mine is approaching the 36k, and I need to decide on whether or not to get an extended warranty. Methinks I won't be going to Easycare if I decide to get one.
I guess I also ought to go through the tsb list again, and see if my baby is in need of any that i haven't taken care of...

Good luck, and thanks for the post...
-Steve