Ford Fever

loud 95

May 29, 2003
Milwaukie, OR
Today (sunday) was a fun day at Woodburn. It was nice to see the AFP boys represent! Hopefully, next year there will be more of the street oriented cars racing....Bill, Allen, Jon, ME.... The car show was nice as well. There were a ton of very nice classic fords! I hope I am in Oregon next year and actually have a completed car!:bang:

• Sponsors (?)

Hay Guys

I was there too and it was so hot by 3:00 I lost .2 during grudge matches. I ran my fastest time of 14.06 @ 101.1mph .305 reaction time. I broke out because I didn't think I would run that fast. I have only raced 4 times and I usually run 14.2 @ 100mph with a crapy 2.3 reaction time. Oh well it was fun none the less.:D

A huge thank's to team AFP....:nice:
My new best (8.73 @ 157.95)
Tim from RREV took me out in the bracket race on a holeshot..:hail2:
Walter was standing on the brakes at the far end but still broke out (stupid bracket races)
Jeff went a couple of rounds and then red lit.:bang:
We all ran motor passes till the end of the day then everyone turned on the bottles and went a couple of passes on the spray.:D

Well, it was a fun day out there today... It was hot, so most of the cars were a little off pace, EXCEPT for RAY, with his new best time !!! BUT, I cannot be the one to tell, he or some of the AFP guys can fill you all in.

THANKS for the support AFP and everyone associated !

Tim

Here is a pic (Bad one, from cell phone) of Rays best run against me :) I think I almost had him !! I don't know what happened, but it says that I won Ray, haha.

Rayslip.jpg

So were was chung and ryan? Was there saw the run nice one ray! Tim your car looked good first time i've seen it run :nice: My day sucked got there late then started to switch over to the slicks and some how the one lug on the rear got stripped out? Put the road wheels on and lugs and they worked fine minus a couple of threads to start on the studs? So it's off to summit tomorrow to order the longer studs! . peace

john:p

It was a good time for sure. We all went early and spent the night. We were buffing and polishing untill after dark. I kinda felt like Bill T. Good job to Ray for his new best time even though the engine dyno said we lost 50 hp and 50 ft lb torque with the new combo. Also Ryan did a great job of driving the AFP mod coupe. Having never raced the car before his first pass was only .2 off my best in the car. Most of that was probably the temp being so warm. Too warm to be wearing a fire jacket, fire pants, gloves, and a neck collar. I only ran one nitrous pass because it was so hot in the suit. I don't know how Ray does it all day. I saw a lot of people that I have not seen in a while which was nice. I even had a nice talk with the owner of Fast Specialties. Nice to see him running his fast back again. :nice:

AllFordPerf said:
It was a good time for sure. We all went early and spent the night. We were buffing and polishing untill after dark. I kinda felt like Bill T. Good job to Ray for his new best time even though the engine dyno said we lost 50 hp and 50 ft lb torque with the new combo. Also Ryan did a great job of driving the AFP mod coupe. Having never raced the car before his first pass was only .2 off my best in the car. Most of that was probably the temp being so warm. Too warm to be wearing a fire jacket, fire pants, gloves, and a neck collar. I only ran one nitrous pass because it was so hot in the suit. I don't know how Ray does it all day. I saw a lot of people that I have not seen in a while which was nice. I even had a nice talk with the owner of Fast Specialties. Nice to see him running his fast back again. :nice:
Yeah fast car was faster theni thought it would be? Hey whay was that plug gap again :D peace

john:p

AllFordPerf said:
It was a good time for sure. We all went early and spent the night. We were buffing and polishing untill after dark. QUOTE]

A couple of us from Bend was tenting it near you guys, the rest of Deschutes County Mustangs came over on Sunday. We were surprised you were able to buff as well as you did in the dark. The black fox body was shining up pretty good.

We were sitting in the tent tuning the spark curves while you were buffing :).

My best was 12.34 at 119mph. We had two drivers (Dave and Steve) that made it into the Semi's of the manual class. We also has two cars win in the car show side.

That was a lot of fun. We'll most like be back next year.