Ford Five hundred Opinions/experience please.

94-302-vert

Aug 16, 2004
NE CT
Due to the cost of gas and the fact that my wife and I drive a lot we are looking to get rid of her Jeep Grand Cherokee, currently averaging 17mpg. We are looking at the Ford Five hundred. Anyone have one or have info if they are good or not????

If you have one do you get the advertised mileage of 29 mpg on the highway (26 mpg with AWD)?

Thanks!!!

(ps. this thing is a dog compared to the stang but she seemed to like it)

• Sponsors (?)

I haven't been in one, but there is one on my street that is AWD. It's black with tint, and 17/18 inch chrome, leather, ect. It looks very sharp. I have been considering the same swap out of my wife's Expy. It's pretty hard to let that thing go though.
Brandon

I just bought my first car out of college. I needed something 4x4 for the winters here and I'm on call 24/7 in case of emergency. I definately looked real close at a 500 AWD. VERY nice looking cars but it just didn't do it for me on the test drive. Plus they can't tow what I want to be towing.

I don't know how crazy you are about keeping it Ford, but if I were you I'd check out Subarus or Audis for good all wheel drive / family type vehicles.

I eventually ended up with a F-150, picking her up in 4 hours!!!

Well price and room are very improtant as well. We have an 8 month old so we need room to grow with it as well.

We are thinking FWD rather than AWD for the extra 3mpg highway, in the winter we can use my 4wd truck when it is really bad out....

Subaru's don't accomodate tall people (plus they are $$ for what my wife likes) and the Audi isn't my thing....

We did look at the magnum and Chrysler 300, no rebates killed that.

I didn't like how the Mazda 6 handled and how cheezy it felt compared to how much $$ they are.

PT Cruisers are too small, Minivan's don't get good enough gas milage... 4 cylinders don't have enough power....

Pretty much I am a PITA about my cars... I currently have 24 cylinders spread across 3 cars... I can't step down to a half-engine (4 cylinder) as it is I will miss calling upon "the power of eight" when I want (need) it...

Anyone else???