Ford GT Motortrend's Article 10/04 Issue

Discussion in 'Special Production' started by Miklowcic, Sep 5, 2004.

1. Miklowcic

Miklowcic New Member

ANyone read this and notice the difference in the 1/4 mile Et between the actual article in which they compare the FOrd GT, Porsche Carrera GT and Ferrari Enzo and the Road Test Results in the back of the magazine?????

In the article they say that the Ford GT runs the 1/4 mile in 11.2, but in the Road Test in the back of the magazine they say it runs 11.8.

Maybe I'm being too picky? I don't think so. Its a high end car, but one that more of us...not me.....can afford. I can see being off by a few tenths, but I think thats a bit much.

Maybe because they test drove it on a 50 degree day and then on a 80 degree day? That's the only thing I can think of aside from a lousy driver, that would cause such a difference in times.

The Ferrari 03 Enzo ran 11.0 in the comparison and then 10.8 in the road test results section. Two tenths I can understand.. Still though...they should be consistent. There's a big difference between being able to say my car runs 11.0 or MY CAR RUNS 10s! You would think a magazine like Motor TRend would get some good drivers. In their defence though....I suppose location (like road testing in Texas vs some where up north) could also cause some desparity in times.

Then again...Hot Rod Mag said that the 03 cobra was a 13 second machine when they compared it to the Subaru WRX STI. I didnt know what I was doing and ran a 12.7 in my stock 03 cobra.. SO I guess the magazines must just get their buddies to do the driving and not necessarily people that know how.