Ford not doing D plans on the 05?

65 A Code

Apr 6, 2004
Called up the dealer where a family member of mine works where I got a D plan quote about 2 weeks ago, tell them I am ready to start the paper work to get an 05 ordered. They now tell me that on the 05 they are not doing the D plan yet and wont be for sometime but to come down and they would sell me one at MSRP :notnice: . This pissed me off since they had quoted me a price just 2 weeks ago. Guess I might go with one of the other cars I was thinking of. Ford just seems to piss me off everytime I have to dealt with them.

I could have swore I saw where members of this board were ordering and buying at a and d plan prices or is ford really not letting them sell them at the d and a plan prices?

• Sponsors (?)

65 A Code said:
Called up the dealer where a family member of mine works where I got a D plan quote about 2 weeks ago, tell them I am ready to start the paper work to get an 05 ordered. They now tell me that on the 05 they are not doing the D plan yet and wont be for sometime but to come down and they would sell me one at MSRP :notnice: . This pissed me off since they had quoted me a price just 2 weeks ago. Guess I might go with one of the other cars I was thinking of. Ford just seems to piss me off everytime I have to dealt with them.

I could have swore I saw where members of this board were ordering and buying at a and d plan prices or is ford really not letting them sell them at the d and a plan prices?

Ford's not the problem. It's the dealer. They have the option to not accept A/X/D plan sales. There have been many people who have been able to buy their '05 under one of these plans. Check around with other dealers and you'll problably find one that'll accept it.

It is the Dealer that may not allow any of the Plans to be accepted, not Ford itself! Most of the dealers are going to milk as much money out of the buyer as possible until supply meets demand.

Find a dealer that will accept your plan and get the quoted price in writing. This will also protect you from any price increases in the future also. There was allegedly a price increase 1 or 2 weeks ago. I have not seen the Price sheet, though. The old one was a 515 price sheet and the new one is a 540 code.

ShelbyMan said:
Find a dealer that will accept your plan and get the quoted price in writing. This will also protect you from any price increases in the future also. There was allegedly a price increase 1 or 2 weeks ago. I have not seen the Price sheet, though. The old one was a 515 price sheet and the new one is a 540 code.

They gave me the price quote in writing with D plan. Guess the don't want to honor it though.

So if my family member that works for ford gives me the D plan info I can use it at any dealer that will honor it?

Also the guy said that they cannot order a car under D plan it had to be a car on the lot to get D. Assuming this is not true either?

65 A Code said:
So if my family member that works for ford gives me the D plan info I can use it at any dealer that will honor it?

Also the guy said that they cannot order a car under D plan it had to be a car on the lot to get D. Assuming this is not true either?

Sure. I assume you have a D plan pin, correct? You should be able to use it anywhere.

I've heard of people ordering '05s on A/X/D plan so I think that's bogus as well. Again, that may be up to the dealer to decide.

65 A Code said:
They gave me the price quote in writing with D plan. Guess the don't want to honor it though.

Isn't the D-plan the discount plan for Ford Dealership employees? :shrug:

If a dealership provides an employee with a D-plan PIN, should they not then accept a D-plan sale???? :shrug:

I too get all my cars on D plan. You can go to ANY dealership that sells Fords, Volvo, Lincoln, Mercury. Mazda was not so easy to deal with, but they did agree to honor it. I am not sure about the rest of the FOMOCO names though.

Get the PIN and go to any other FOMOCO dealership. They WILL honor it if they so desire. One of my local dealers would not sell the 2005 on D plan either. They were not even letting salesmen buy them yet.

Find the right dealer.

tylers65 said:
I too get all my cars on D plan. You can go to ANY dealership that sells Fords, Volvo, Lincoln, Mercury. Mazda was not so easy to deal with, but they did agree to honor it. I am not sure about the rest of the FOMOCO names though.

Get the PIN and go to any other FOMOCO dealership. They WILL honor it if they so desire. One of my local dealers would not sell the 2005 on D plan either. They were not even letting salesmen buy them yet.

Find the right dealer.

I had no problem finding Mazda dealers to honor my x-plan PIN. I'm not sure about d-plan though.

TomServo92 said:
I had no problem finding Mazda dealers to honor my x-plan PIN. I'm not sure about d-plan though.

My cousin couldn't find any Mazda dealer in southern Wisconsin/Northern Illinois to honor the D plan.

I got denied the D plan for a 2005 Mustang at all 7 dealerships I tried in the area. One dealer told me that once they can keep the 2005 Mustangs on the lot, they will honor the D plan.

zenboy99 said:
I got denied the D plan for a 2005 Mustang at all 7 dealerships I tried in the area. One dealer told me that once they can keep the 2005 Mustangs on the lot, they will honor the D plan.

That's what the local dealers are telling me in regards to x-plan. It doesn't really matter to me at this point since I won't be ready to buy a Mustang until next year (hopefully there will be plenty on the lots by then).

DO what I did....

They said no to A-Plan on 2005 so I bought a 2004 COBRA at A-Plan price...

As far as other dealers, etc... Once you have the PIN #, if you can find a dealer willing to accept it then you can go anywhere...

Volvo, Mazda, Ford, Lincoln, Mercury, Landrover and Jaguar ALL accept the A/D/X/Z Plans... I'm not sure if Aston Martin (sp?) does?