Ford racing handling pack

orange 07

Oct 10, 2006
Does anyone have fords handling package on their car and
what do you think of it?
Im going to take my car to track days events but mainly want to
keep the ride streetable.

• Sponsors (?)

Yup, had it installed on my Grabber '07...well worth the money...eliminates alot of 'nosing' into corners

Plus is gives you a much more aggressive stance to your car...would not recommend with any lower exterior trim like chin spoiler add-ons

It IS a tighter ride however...you definitley feel the road more but you car feels like it'll never leave it...:D

Haven't put mine on yet :), parts are in the garage, lol.

Any special installation suggestions? I only got instructions for the sway bars, were there supposed to be for anything else?

I will chime in with the "coil over" rant but I fully understand COs are not eveyrones cup-o-tea.

The Ford Handling Pack is nice. I've ridden in cars with it and it does the job. However it's a, "what you install is what you get", setup. Whatever ride height you get is it. Whatever dampening you get...is it.

As was mentioned having a body kit or lip would make life very frustrating. Since you can't change the height or stiffness.

This is why an adjustable coil over setup is better. You can control the ride height and dampening.

For track day you can maximize the handling by dropping the car to the floor and locking down the dampeners. You don't have to worry about your aero bits (chin spoiler, rear diffuser, etc) as the shocks will be tight as a drum and you'll most likely never get to the extreme compression of them at that setting.

Then when you are done raise the car back up so the aero parts will clear curbs, etc. Soften the dampeners and now you're golden for daily driving.

Plus the geometry of the suspension in the coilover setup is better. The handling, even on the steet, is much more predictable, flat and stable. And all this without getting in to new sway bars or strut tower braces.

The stock sway bars are very good and the strut tower is not really needed at this level.

I guess I am saying that all that other stuff that comes with the FRHP is nice but not needed with a good coil over setup.

Any competant suspension installer can do the job in 45min and it only takes a little time to properly dial in. The ride quality is awesome and your car will handle like a BMW on the street and a BMW M3 Comp Package on the track. ;)