Ford Racing Roots style blowers....

98GtRioRed

Dec 7, 2002
Anyone have one that was an after market install? I never see any info here, or in the power adder room. It see plenty on the vortec, paxton,and powerdyne. I want to replace my plastic intake and get a super charger. Any thoughts or threads I missed on this.

• Sponsors (?)

98GtRioRed said:
Anyone have one that was an after market install? I never see any info here, or in the power adder room. It see plenty on the vortec, paxton,and powerdyne. I want to replace my plastic intake and get a super charger. Any thoughts or threads I missed on this.

I don't have it but I have talked to several people who did have it. It is a great everyday supercharger. Good torque down low but it won't make the big numbers of the others. There is a six pound pulley that comes with the kit and you can order a nine pound pulley that you can get from various places to put it up over 300rwhp. Hope this helps. You might want to take this thread to the corral, alot of guys over there have it. :nice:

Pete

98GtRioRed said:

I don't know anyone that specializes in this installation.

The kit, as from Ford, is 6lbs and 65+ horsepower.

Upgrading usually includes a bigger fuel pump, different pulley(7.5, 9, 12, 15 psi are common), porting the blower manifold, water/methanol injection, a different MAF and a custom chip.

I had Ron Short of http://www.s-e-racing.com install it. Not sure if he is still in the business.

Used blowers are readily available. <- shameless plug. :p

Replacing the plastic intake with an alum. one with a pulley was my reason to get an SVO blower. The centri's can make more top end, but there are lots of issues to think about when choosing one over the other.