Ford Releases 2005 Press Kit

• Sponsors (?)

szer0 said:
I wish I had media credentials to get access to the high res. If anyone has credentials why don't you share those photos here :nice:

I have the photos. There are 153 on the press kit web site. Not for nothing, but loading in dummy credentials will get you in too.

Note that the HP rating for the V6 is 210 HP, just like I told everyone 2 months ago.

Also a Ford engineer e-mailed Brad (mustangsource) that the rating for V6 was very conservative that it really makes over 220 HP.

In addition, note that the official width is 73.9" as I tried to tell every one months ago. I remember way back in January when several of the car rags incorrectly reported the width @ 72" a bunch of people were all bent out of shape that the 05 was narrower than the 99-04. Now we all know that the 05 is wider than the SN-95.

As far as the photos go, there is nothing new there other than photos of the pace car (with all the decals) and a photo of the "soft drink" test which appears Coke being poored on some transmission part. All the other photos go back 1 - 6 months and have bee posted here and on other Mustang sites.

351CJ said:
As far as the photos go, there is nothing new there other than photos of the pace car (with all the decals) and a photo of the "soft drink" test which appears Coke being poored on some transmission part. All the other photos go back 1 - 6 months and have bee posted here and on other Mustang sites.

Ah, alright :D

351CJ said:
Note that the HP rating for the V6 is 210 HP, just like I told everyone 2 months ago.

Also a Ford engineer e-mailed Brad (mustangsource) that the rating for V6 was very conservative that it really makes over 220 HP.

This is great! It started officially at 202, then went to 208 in the order guide, and now its 210 . . . and you've heard its really more like 220. Music to my ears, since I'm in the V6 market at the moment.

Most of the pictures have been everywhere already. If you look at s197mustang.com you can look at the gallery and see most of them i believe. There isn't anything new in way of pictures except for a few.
I could be wrong, maybe they changed stuff but i believe that press kit has been up there for a while now. I know the press kit itself was there but maybe they updated it?

Here are two of the ones i believe are new. I think the second one is pretty funny, it was titled "softdrink test"

05Mustang02.jpg

05Mustang03.jpg

Roots66 said:
Well, aren't you just The Man. :hail2:
With your expert forsight, you should play the lottery more often. :jester:

I don't play the lottery, it's a waste of hard earned money.

I don't have any expert foresight, I'm just able to read through the available information and then separate what appears to be correct from what looks incorrect.

I hate to be an "I told you so" but over the last 6 months almost no one here would belive me when I pointed out several of these things.