forged internal brands

Zoie_daGT

Jun 21, 2008
Right now, I am building up to have a FI engine. I am planning on forging all the internals. There is a catch though. I plan on trying to use the lightest internals possible, and balancing the rotational assembly. Ideally, I will be pushing about 450rwhp on boost w/ a small(50ish shot of juice). I am looking for some brands of internals to research.

pistons-
Manley
JE
Eagle
Probe
Wisco(sp???)
CP
Diamond

rods-
Manley
Probe
Eagle
Oliver
Scat

I am hoping to find some that are made in the USA as well. If anyone has any additions, I would really appreciate it. Thanks

P.S. shooting for 8.5 - 9.3ish:1 compression.

• Sponsors (?)

manley or oliver billet I beam rods and CP pistons.

i'm running Manley i beams ($1300) and Mahle pistons with a cobra crank. my rev limiter is at 6700 right now b/c of fuel issues. it will be spinning 7K once the new system goes on.

why are you only looking for 450 hp with a forged engine with boost and spray???? you can see 500-800 easily with the right supporting mods:nice:

Well, I am aiming for 450rwhp for DDing. I will be utilizing a boost controller so there will either be a tune for a nice bump in boost or some nitrous. Idk exactly what I will be hoping to get from that either pump or race gas but, there may be an occasional jump in power.

I chose Diamond pistons as they have the thickest top ringland of any off the shelf piston or modulars. You can also get them with valve reliefs for no extra charge. I'm going with Eagle rods and a cobra crank.