Found something i actually liked about ontario e-test...

well, the time came to e-test my 95gt. And, of course it failed.....my HC's were more than double the idle limit. So i had to get a diagnostic done. When i went to pick my car up, they told me that with all the stuff i had done to the car, and the way it was tuned, that it would never pass, but since i paid for the diagnostic, that they have to give a "conditional pass".....
so, even though my car is not emissions legal, and i got a vortech and a 347 on the way soon to add to it, as long as i give the government an extra $100, i can keep my car on the road because they need money so bad!
i love it. Can't wait to see how bad i fail in 2 years with over 500rwhp!

• Sponsors (?)

mpcv2000 said:
You mean that : It doesn't pass emision but you can still put a plate on the car for $100.00 more and you will be OK for 2 years.. :shrug:

if that'S the case, it's not that bad then.

OT but related to auto-laws I guess. This is whats going on around here as we speak.

"Quiet victory for Gatineau cops"

Thanks to a team of 15 police officers, the streets of Gatineau will be a lot quieter by the end of the month. Provincial and municipal courts have ruled in favour of less restrictive guidelines to help officers enforce Quebec Highway Code regulations on drivers whose cars have modified mufflers. Previously, police could only fine drivers with modified mufflers based on tests performed using a sound machine. The new ruling allows officers who are specially trained to target drivers without the use of the sound machine. In Gatineau, 15 officers have been trained and will hit the streets starting June 21. Drivers convicted will face a fine of $100, plus costs, for a total of $148.

Thats bullchit. Hopefully they're gonna target all the ricers and leave alone the real cars. I'm sorry if my engine has balls officer, I cant make it any quiter. :bs:

In ontario...10day permit is 15$...so I drive from may to sept is 120 days=12 permits=180$ for the summer to violate the Etest laws and be valid..I don't have to renew my sticker or buy the smog pump to get me to pass. To pass I spend 75 on a sticker+40 to etest+100 for the smog pump+I have to remove and install original exhaust with cats..then pass then reinstall my LT's and H pip...so all in all I spend 180$ to keep the government happy and I save from spending 6hours and 210$ to get car certified..honestly I only drive 2-3times a week and don't mind the 10-15 minutes once every two weeks at the line of the MTO. Not saying my way is better but I find it satisfying

Cobracanuck said:
well, the time came to e-test my 95gt. And, of course it failed.....my HC's were more than double the idle limit. So i had to get a diagnostic done. When i went to pick my car up, they told me that with all the stuff i had done to the car, and the way it was tuned, that it would never pass, but since i paid for the diagnostic, that they have to give a "conditional pass".....
so, even though my car is not emissions legal, and i got a vortech and a 347 on the way soon to add to it, as long as i give the government an extra $100, i can keep my car on the road because they need money so bad!
i love it. Can't wait to see how bad i fail in 2 years with over 500rwhp!

So the way it works is that you should only have to fork out $200 max in diagnostics/repairs towards the car to get it smog-legal. That's $200... for the first 2 years. Then it jumps to $450 for the 3rd and subsequent years.