Fox body doors..........

ras50gt

Oct 25, 2005
Ive noticed on a lot of fox body stangs that the doors often line up bad over time with the rest of the body. On my gt, the driver side door seems to be further in from the body as you get to the front of the car, however it closes and opens perfectly. When i bought it, the guy told me that the previous owner supposely took it into a shop and the car was jacked up improperly causing the problem. He said i could prob take it into a body shop and get it fixed for pretty cheap. He never got it done cause its not that bad. At first i didnt care either because people dont notice it until I told them. Im planning on getting my car painted in the near future so i wanted to find out if anyone has had the same problem and if so how much they paid a body shop to fix it. Looking at the hinges and stuff, they all look fine, maybe i cant see if one is slightly bent so i dont know. I was told by a neighbor who use to work at a body shop that the door would need to be taken off, recentered and new hinges welded on. Its just weird cause it opens/closes with no issues. I wanted to see if anyone has gone through this because like ive said, ive seen a lot of fox body mustangs with the same issue.

• Sponsors (?)