Fox body doors

Febreezeit50

Dec 21, 2011
Did a quick search found alot of conflicting info.

Hardtop foxbodys are all the doors the same? 79-93?

The previous owner was a d-bag and swapped a Manual door on the passengers side. When the drivers is Power. :fuss:

• Sponsors (?)

Swapping out manual regulators for power is not too bad, I've done it on my car. If the manual door is in better shape, IMO it would be worth it. I had to add the regulator, power lock, wiring, and the rubber boot for the wires. One thing to be careful though, the arm on the power regulator is spring loaded, so if you drill out the rivets to remove it from the door, it can snap and pinch you. Ask me how I know!

And the door pins are the pivot points on the hinges. Most people unbolt the whole hinges from the body to swap out doors.

I've been scouring the local craigslist and the doors get gobbled up so fast, and the local junk yards here are stripped of everything worth while on a fox.

I'm not in the biggest rush so really its whatever deal comes along first. The only problem I have with swapping to power in my current door is needing a new door handle. (I was planning on buying new door panels anyways).

1979 handles. are on the floor (by your ankles), not just on Ghias. The pins are in the middle of the hinge and are in bronze bushings that wear out instead of the hinge, if you replace them in time.