Roush fox intake question

• Sponsors (?)

Troy,

The single bolt strut tower brace Saleen used on our 87-90's cars just bolts too low on the stru tower. Gotta go with an aftermarket. Here is George's. Mine is the same setup but apart at the moment.

http://www.myscsaleen.com/saleen2.html#Engine:

Very pretty motor george. Makes us all look bad. Well, except Dennis.:D

Engine001.JPG

Thanks Marcus. I had to fill the holes in where it originally mounted, it looked really strange with the two large holes, and I went with the later 90+ brace design which you can get this design from Mustang unlimited. It does clear everything including the blower discharge tube

Prior to installing the FMS/Powerdyne supercharger on my '89 Saleen, I had the factory intake cut, ported & rewelded along with a 1/2" phenolic spacer between the upper/lower intakes. The OEM Saleen brace fit fine.

Upon installing the supercharger, the OEM brace mounted too low & I conducted an exhaustive search for one that would clear the discharge tube. I contacted everyone who offered braces at the time; Steeda, MAC, Saleen ('90 up style), FMS, etc.

Kenny Brown was the only vendor who unequivocally stated that their brace would definitely fit. It did.

Here's a photo of the brace installed:

30589_24_full.jpg