Friggin' UPS... What to do?

Man I'm startin' to hate UPS... This is the second time I've had problems with them in as many attempts.

I sold a couple of Holley alcohol carbs on EBay last week, the same buyer bought both. I packaged both carbs together in a large box, they were still new in their own boxes. I used newspaper as the packing material in the bigger box. When I took them to the UPS Store to ship, I told them I wanted insurance, to which they said that I'd have to replace the newspaper with packing peanuts, they said they'd do the repack. I begrudgingly agreed, dropped a couple extra bucks to cover the cost, and left. Fast forward to yesterday, the buyer emailed me and told me both carbs had damage on their throttle linkages, yet the outer box wasn't damaged. Now, it seems to me either the box was dropped flat and the blow jarred the carbs but didn't damage the box, or the genius at the store did it packaging them. How should I go about filing a claim, should I go do it at the UPS Store or with UPS themselves? Are the UPS Stores run by UPS or are they like a different company? Last time this happened THEY put the wrong address on the shipping label and sent it to the wrong damn house; they refunded the shipping money and provided the money to replace the item... But it was only like $5, the buyer said the Holley parts are like $70.

• Sponsors (?)

nosaj122081 said:
Man I'm startin' to hate UPS... This is the second time I've had problems with them in as many attempts.

I sold a couple of Holley alcohol carbs on EBay last week, the same buyer bought both. I packaged both carbs together in a large box, they were still new in their own boxes. I used newspaper as the packing material in the bigger box. When I took them to the UPS Store to ship, I told them I wanted insurance, to which they said that I'd have to replace the newspaper with packing peanuts, they said they'd do the repack. I begrudgingly agreed, dropped a couple extra bucks to cover the cost, and left. Fast forward to yesterday, the buyer emailed me and told me both carbs had damage on their throttle linkages, yet the outer box wasn't damaged. Now, it seems to me either the box was dropped flat and the blow jarred the carbs but didn't damage the box, or the genius at the store did it packaging them. How should I go about filing a claim, should I go do it at the UPS Store or with UPS themselves? Are the UPS Stores run by UPS or are they like a different company? Last time this happened THEY put the wrong address on the shipping label and sent it to the wrong damn house; they refunded the shipping money and provided the money to replace the item... But it was only like $5, the buyer said the Holley parts are like $70.

could be the buyer jerking you off also. If the boxes aren't damaged I don't think the linkeage could get bent. Did you check them before you shipped them?

I have had this happen also, try going through the UPS store you used, and if all else fails file a claim with UPS themselves. They do screw up once and a while, but i have found they are usually very good about correcting the mistake.

Good Luck :nice:

WORTH said:
could be the buyer jerking you off also. If the boxes aren't damaged I don't think the linkeage could get bent. Did you check them before you shipped them?

The thought's crossed my mind, but I figured it was just me being skeptical... Yeah, the biggest saving grace on my part is that I have photos showing the throttle linkage side clearly non-damaged... They were perfect when they left my hands, and still had the original Holley package foam in their individual boxes.

Lazy driver...........

The new instrument bezel and lens I ordered arrived today from Mustangs Unlimited!

But I am royally pissed at the UPS driver! The lazy s.o.b., instead of walking up the steps to my front porch (which has an overhang and is dry) and handing me the package......He walked up the driveway and left the box sitting in front of the 'stang IN THE POURING RAIN!.....so not only was the box getting wet (damned good thing I was home!), but I had to get wet going outside to pick it up! :bang:

Yes, UPS is going to get a phone call! :mad: