Front Control Arm Bushing Question.......

Hey Guys,

I bought these Energy Suspension Bushings for my front control arms

PartsTrain.com - Hard to Find Auto Parts and Truck Parts -

I bought them because it says that you must use the OEM sleeves....
It just seems easier than pressing in and out and ruining the arms, but the bushings came installed in their own sleeves and the included instructions dont say anything about dicarding these and using the OEM sleeves.

Anyone have experience with these bushings with the original sleeves.....?

Part# 4.3132G

Thanks,

Jeff

• Sponsors (?)

Here's an option.

Four Wheel Drive Ball Joint Service Kit

careful not to calapse the arm. Support with wood or something. I like c clamps.

PS, you'll need a breaker bar and the appropiate impact socket.

PPS, I looked at the link and they clearly are installed in a sleeve and I don't see anything about using the oem sleeve. I've pressed them out of the sleeve, but it's not easy.

PPS, I looked at the link and they clearly are installed in a sleeve and I don't see anything about using the oem sleeve. I've pressed them out of the sleeve, but it's not easy.

Yea, if you look at the description it says

ENERGY SUSPENSION CONTROL ARM BUSHING KIT, BLACK -- Consists of 4 bushing assemblies; Bushings are made of Hyper-Flex polyurethane to resist oil, road salt, and other corrosives; Offers better handling, greater vehicle control, reduced wheel hop and improved cornering; Maintains proper caster and camber alignment even under extreme conditions; Must reuse OE outer metal shells; Does not fit models with Heavy Duty Suspension; With Energy Suspension's limited 2-year warranty.

And Yes, they came installed in the shells, hence my question. i guess I can disassemble them and see if the bushings fit tightly in the OEM shells......