FRONT SUSPENSION HELP?

Nov 16, 2006
Alabama
Anyone have a really rough ride with their coil over set up? I am currently running QA1 aluminum struts and some qa1 coilover springs, My K-member is AJE mild steel with the urethane bushings and i have a 2300k cobra brake kit installed.

The tires i used to run were 235 45ZR17 and i recently moved up to 19 in wheels and i have the same rough ride in front so i know it's not the 35 series tires and 19in wheels that causing the roughness. I tried adjusting the struts and that didn't help.

I feel every bump in the road and i bought coil overs because everyone says its a better ride than stock. Before i had this set up everything was stock and the ride was so much better. Where did i go wrong?

I don't drag race the car so i sold the 14-175lb springs that came with the QA1 kit because i thought they were too soft for the street and kept feeling like they were bottoming out on every bump.

Oh i almost forgot to mention current spring rate is 14-225lb and i have a HPM caster and camber kit installed and a Kenne Bell 2200 blower.

Would going to a higher spring rate improve my ride?:shrug:
If so what rate?
What rate are you guys with coil overs using?

PLEASE HELP:(

• Sponsors (?)