Fuel Injector upgrade..yes or no?

24's would be fine with that setup. people always go overkill. but if if your gettin 30's for cheap go ahead and grab em. if you dont grab them, let me know where i can get them cause i have a s -trim on and i think its time for me to upgrade from my 24 pounders

With HCI and sig, plus an S-trim, you could easily be putting down 450 rwhp. 30 pound injectors are no way in hell going to support that. If you define overkill as working within the manufacturer's spec, and not putting undue stress on critical components, then I will be overkill every time. Your fuel pump could be larger as well.

Adam

• Sponsors (?)

With HCI and sig, plus an S-trim, you could easily be putting down 450 rwhp. 30 pound injectors are no way in hell going to support that. If you define overkill as working within the manufacturer's spec, and not putting undue stress on critical components, then I will be overkill every time. Your fuel pump could be larger as well.

Adam

Other then my injectors the rest of my fuel system is all set. There is a 255LPH in tank pump out back from the previous set up on the car before I bought it when it had a Vortech S-Trim.

I agree w/ the #30's being to small. My Fuel Pressure was cranked up close to 50 and it was still running lean up top on the dyno when I had my 95 GT w/ the Paxton Novi 2000. A H/C/I set up with a superchargers requires #42 injectors, any lower and your taking a chance on some not so good things happening.

Also have to remember that boost requires much more fuel load then if your just N/A.

Adam

no doubt buddy. im actually gonna pick up a 255lph this week and am gonna upgrade the injectors soo as i free up some more cash. i do agree my injectors are too small for my application

Thanks to every one's input and those who helped me out on this thread. I came to the conclusion that I would be better off to go with larger injectors and that #30's may not be enough and #42's to much w/ out boost so I went on a search for some #36's. I found this set on Ebay with a buy it now of $250 and shipping of $9.00. I send him an e-mail and got them for $239 shipped. I think I got a pretty good deal.

View attachment 320532

If your gonna upgrade, I would do a 42lb injector. I have 30's in my 347 now and they're just about at 100% duty cycle. I let off when I saw 94% and I wasn't at my shift point yet. 30's might be ok for you as my combo is more aggressive and will make more power but i'd consider a good injector and be done with it.