Fuel leak when filling up?

JohnEod

Feb 28, 2006
Just got my 06 GT last week:D . When filling up the tank today for the first time I noticed some gas leaking out from bottom of the rear fender. I reached up inside the wheelwell to the back of the gas nozzle to check it out and it was indeed leaking fuel from the drain hole. I read the TSB about tank replacement and pump shutoff issues, it didnt really seem to fit my leak although I was thinking it might be a back flow issue due to tank pressure. I also did a search and didnt really turn up anything like this. Just wanted to see if anyone has had this happen.

Thanks,
John

• Sponsors (?)

Fuel leakage is a very common issue and many people have complained about it in various other forums (including this one). Problem is, Ford has said they will not honor late model 05's and all 06s for the TSB (it's written in the TSB itself).

Kilmar said:
Fuel leakage is a very common issue and many people have complained about it in various other forums (including this one). Problem is, Ford has said they will not honor late model 05's and all 06s for the TSB (it's written in the TSB itself).

WELL THAT IS SOME DAMM BS

seriously, that is really BS.

its not us that made the car leak fuel... when i payed what i did for this car, it shouldnt be leaking fuel, and if it is i shouldnt have to just deal with it.

ill be calling my dealer and if they dont fix it, writting a nice letter.

...sorry im in a bad mood to begin with...
-mike