Fuel problem almost solved, quick pointers

orangemachine

Apr 5, 2007
pa
I finally did some datalogging to find out what my fuel problem was. Just to clarify my setup for my 00GT

-42lb injectors
-dual focus pumps
-zone 5 stage 2 fpdm
-full wire upgrade from battery to fpdm to pumps

hitting 100% duty cycle at 5500rpm with around 475rwhp. Fuel pressure drops at 100% duty cycle to around 30-33psi.

I reconnected all my wire connections at the relay to make sure they were good. When I datalogged, my actual volts at the pumps were 11.5v (WOT). First, is that normal? I thought it should be around 12.5-13v. Altenator output was fine.

Next, I heard that there are SVT focus pumps and regular focus pumps. Is that true? I bought the car with the focus pumps in there so I don't know for sure. I heard that ppl were buying the wrong focus pumps. Is there anyway to check to make sure when I drop the tank?

Next, if I do have dual SVT focus pumps, could one be failing? Is there anyway to check if one pump is not working? This question is the important one I would like to know.

Solutions. Can I just add a BAP (KB 40 amp) to get more voltage and get more fuel. I know how to install, just wondering if it would work. Next, I heard that 42lbs of injectors is fine for my setup, but, does anyone think that I need 60lbers? Last, could I just throw in a Ford GT pump? Can one Ford GT pump handle 475rwhp?

Thanks a lot.

• Sponsors (?)

SVT Focus pumps have a green plastic piece on top and the regular ones have a grey(I think) plastic piece on top. Believe me I know, I bought the wrong pump when I put the supercharger in.

I have the same issue with running out of fuel but I just checked a datalog of 10PSI.

Im only seeing 8.44 MAX volts and going 100% @ 4923RPMs. Oddly enough the car doesnt start leaning out until around 6000RPM. Running a 10.3 A/F and leans to 11.8 @ 6100 or so. If I was seeing the 11.5 Vs you are, I wouldnt have any fuel issues LOL. Im also seeing 32PSI rail pressure.

So with that said im running a single Ford GT pump...it seems to me that twin SVT focus pumps should do better than 1 GT pump. BAP will require an external fuse and wiring upgrade so you dont overload the stock stuff.

SVT Focus pumps have a green plastic piece on top and the regular ones have a grey(I think) plastic piece on top. Believe me I know, I bought the wrong pump when I put the supercharger in.

Haven't seen you around the boards in ages TacBear:nice:

As for the OP--Dropping the tank isn't too difficult so give that a shot to see what the pumps look like

thanks for the info everyone. here is another question before I drop the tank.

I read that you can have a single focus pump or dual focus pumps... what is this one here on ebay... single or dual

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Ford...015QQitemZ250180224905QQrdZ1QQsspagenameZWD1V

the reason I ask is because it says 255lph. I thought only one focus pump is rated at 143lph.

this is another stupid question, but, if it is dual focus pumps, you will have 'two' pumps in the basket? correct? single= one. correct? meaning.. when I drop the tank, I can simply check for two pumps or one?

Thanks.

Ok, got some news. I just got an email back from the original owner and he said that my pumps are NON SVT focus pumps. Some people said those do not exist but I guess there is a regular focus pump and SVT focus pump.

Is there anyway to tell when I drop the tank? I heard that SVT pumps have green tops.

Thanks.