Fuel Pump Compatibility

coops93meangt

Mar 5, 2008
Omaha, Ne
I bought a Walbro 255 lph in tank fuel pump from a guy for my 93 GT. When I inspected it closer I noticed the part number was GSS342 which indicates 96-97 Cobra. I notice there is another part number on Walbro's site GSS340 which says it's for Mustang 85-97. Anyone know what the difference is and can anyone confirm if the 342 part number will work in my 93? Connector looks the same to me from what I remember when I installed my 190 lph pump.

Hopefully one of you knows...

• Sponsors (?)

As far as I've been able to gather the 340, 341, and 342 are all HP models. The differences are with the inlet/outlet configurations. The 340 is straight inline while the 341 and 342 are offset. Whether it fits or not will probably be determined by clearance inside the tank where it is mounted.

As far as I've been able to gather the 340, 341, and 342 are all HP models. The differences are with the inlet/outlet configurations. The 340 is straight inline while the 341 and 342 are offset. Whether it fits or not will probably be determined by clearance inside the tank where it is mounted.

So it sounds like it will work. He gave it to me mounted in a fox body sending unit. It was a little crooked in there but it fit so hopefully I can make it work. Worst cast I just sell it and get the right one.